Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
When did you last change them as in the mileage when you changed them? And how word are the point as it's hard to see in the picture. Are you loosing any power or sudden performance drop?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,552 Posts
If you don't have a record of a change at around 100K miles, monitor the performance. Any cold misfire or sluggish power when cold indicates that the plugs need replacing.

There is one member here who kept original plugs in for well over 200K miles.

That is the beauty of Iridium plugs: the narrow center electrode doesn't decline in effectiveness as much as traditional plugs do. It can be difficult to measure or adjust the gaps, though, that electrode is fragile.

·
Registered
128 Posts
those plugs look mint to me chris. just keep an eye on the white ceramic insulator. iridum kick ass and the only thing that can really break down is the white insulator. yours looks fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda CR-V 2004 142k miles
When do I need to change these guys out? The picture attached are the spark plugs currently in the vehicle. (If you tap or click on the image link it won’t be fuzzy)
The owner’s manual states that they should be changed at 110,000 miles. I changed mine a few days ago at 100,800 miles to the NGK Ruthenium as well as changed the ignition coils to NGK. The performance gain is very noticeable! The throttle response is so much crisper and the acceleration from stop to highway speeds is vastly improved!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lo
The owner’s manual states that they should be changed at 110,000 miles. I changed mine a few days ago at 100,800 miles to the NGK Rutheium as well as changed the ignition coils to NGK. The performance gain is very noticeable! The throttle response is so much crisper and the acceleration from stop to highway speeds is vastly improved!
[/QU
thanks so much.
The owner’s manual states that they should be changed at 110,000 miles. I changed mine a few days ago at 100,800 miles to the NGK Rutheium as well as changed the ignition coils to NGK. The performance gain is very noticeable! The throttle response is so much crisper and the acceleration from stop to highway speeds is vastly improved!
[/QUOTE
Thanks so much! Will definitely look into that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts