Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CRV 2010 EX-L 2.4L 4WD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
Something went curious when I planned to replace spark plugs for my 2010 CRV , the manufacturer's user manual suggests :
1- Denso 3461 SXU22HCR11S Laser Iridium Plug
2- NGK 5787 ILZKR7B-11S Laser Iridium Plug
The OEM installed one was Denso, and these 2 spark plugs from different brands do fit in the engine.
BUT the problem is that the heat range for them is totally different as officially mentioned by manufacturer.
1- Denso Heat Range = 22
2- NGK Heat Range = 7
Any Ideas
or 22 is equivalent to 7?
And if not, does this affect the engine performance???
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Maybe do a little more digging to find out for sure the Honda factory heat range for your motor. I would think heat range would have an affect on engine performance.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX AWD
329 Posts
Hello
Something went curious when I planned to replace spark plugs for my 2010 CRV , the manufacturer's user manual suggests :
1- Denso 3461 SXU22HCR11S Laser Iridium Plug
2- NGK 5787 ILZKR7B-11S Laser Iridium Plug
The OEM installed one was Denso, and these 2 spark plugs from different brands do fit in the engine.
BUT the problem is that the heat range for them is totally different as officially mentioned by manufacturer.
1- Denso Heat Range = 22
2- NGK Heat Range = 7
Any Ideas
or 22 is equivalent to 7?
And if not, does this affect the engine performance???
Thanks in Advance
Yes, Denso Heat Range = 22 is equivalent to NGK Heat Range = 7.
Both spark plugs is recommended by Honda. I removed Denso plugs from my 2012 at 100k miles and install NGK and engine runs perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts