Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... So I just bought my new spark plugs E3 Diamond Fires and I totally forgot to ask what size socket I need anyone know?:confused: I would like to know this today if possible

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I thought there was only one size to spark plugs? Perhaps not. We had A "spark plug wrench" and it seemed to work for any plugs regardless... perhaps it was one of those things your father wants you to believe, just because he did not have the proper tool. I always just put sockets on it till I find one that fits...

·
Registered
132 Posts
To remove, inspect,check the gape, and reinstall about 30 to 45 minutes.
I have only done this on our 2003 EX and there is a small cover that comes off first them a bolt is removed from the coil pack on two of the cylinders, as the other two are bolted down with the cover. Once that is done you pull all 4 coil packs up and out of the way, now the simple part removing the plugs,if you have shop air blow out the spark plug valley's so you will not drop debris into the engine. Once out look them over for even burn and color, to see if you are having other issues, like oil burning or fuel fouling. Check to see if the new plugs are still gaped right as people do drop those little boxes, and reverse the process.
Start up the engine check everything is ok, make notes in your maintance section of the owners manual out a log book of work do so you know when you did it last or you can show good maitenance when you go to sell it.

Kevin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I'm doing my new dizzy plugs and wires. I have a 5/8 and 16 mm but both are to big to drop in slot to get the old ones out? Any tip on finding one that will fit...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts