Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so the stock speakers in my CR-V are awful and I've been looking to do a cheap upgrade. Found cheap speakers and the wire harness for them, but can anybody recommend a speaker adaptor/bracket for mounting it into the door? I found some for $33 on amazon but thought that was a bit too expensive. Thank you!

Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
Moved to mobile electronics for better response (it isn't a Generation issue) 馃槉

I haven't upgraded speakers in our cars for a few years, but "You Get What You Pay For". Were the original speakers blown out?

You could visit Crutchfield.com for some mounting ideas, they have a LOT of information.

Reactions: Kazoo2U

Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
Crutchfield also has the adapter harnesses.

Registered
2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD
Discussion Starter #4
Moved to mobile electronics for better response (it isn't a Generation issue) 馃槉

I haven't upgraded speakers in our cars for a few years, but "You Get What You Pay For". Were the original speakers blown out?

You could visit Crutchfield.com for some mounting ideas, they have a LOT of information.
Yeah, both driver side speakers are blown out, getting extremely distorted even at ow volumes. I don't want to spend much, found a pair of $25 BOSS speakers on amazon, just gonna get 2 sets of those for a cheap upgrade. Should make a good difference since the current stock speakers are unbearable.

Registered
Yeah, both driver side speakers are blown out, getting extremely distorted even at ow volumes. I don't want to spend much, found a pair of $25 BOSS speakers on amazon, just gonna get 2 sets of those for a cheap upgrade. Should make a good difference since the current stock speakers are unbearable.
You can buy the door mounting brackets online--they are cheap and readily available. Bolt the speaker to the adapter, then mount that to the door. Use the speaker harness adapters and it's a done deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts