Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am in a market for an aftermarket speaker for my Honda CRV 2007 EXL. And got couple of questions.

1. Does anyone know where I can get the audio specs of stock speakers (wattage, frequency response, etc)?
2. Is it advisable to replace both speakers on both sides or it is ok to keep them different?

Thank you and would appreciate any directions.

PS: I did a search but not able to find anything relevant. Most topics discuss physical dimension specifications not audio specifically.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I was not able to find any specifications for the speakers.
I do know that upgrading to aftermarket speakers in my 1999 CR-V made a big difference in sound quality.

I'm a fan of Crutchfield.com, since they allow you to look up your vehicle and then they show you what fits.
This is what I found for a 2007 EX-L:

It looks like there are 6 speakers in your CR-V. Two tweeters mounted at the front corners of the dashboard, and then one speaker in each of four doors.
The speakers in the door are 6 1/2", so the question becomes how much money do you want to spend on new speakers.

If I were on a budget, and could only afford one pair of speakers, I'd put them in the front doors, since that is where I sit, and I rarely have anyone sitting in the back seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts