Just finished the front driver door, and the cargo area. Took 10 hours. But i also do not have a garage, and did the cargo panels in my living room (see below)
I gotta say, the CDL i used (Killmat) worked great, and after the 2 areas, i still have about half of a 36sf box left. I did not do a complete coverage of all panels with the material, but the driver door was about 90%-95% coverage, and the cargo area was about 25%.
The undercarpet material used for a MLV replacement SUCKED!! Was very difficult to cut without jamming up my scissors, and was not easily cut with a razor blade. My past experience with traditional MLV was very easy to cut with scissors or a razor. Also my MLV felt like fiberglass with how much dust and itchyness it created. Did it work? Yes. But i would not use it again in the future. Im not mad, only because it was 1/4 the price of MLV. But it was effective in dampening the cargo area. Also acted as a natural decoupler.
Only used about 1/2 of a single roll of tessa tape. there were many cables in the CRV that I felt would not rattle after I opened it up. The cables felt pretty damn taught, and were well isolated as is.
Unlike Mnestrud, i built the "MLV" on the plastic panel vs the body of the vehicle. For me it was simpler, and more comfortable. Working in my living room vs sitting in the cargo area of the car. But im sure either way would work. But with my past experience with the FIT, knowing where random bumps would be (Caused by bottle/storage holders etc.) was life saving working off the panel.
One lesson learned was the rear cargo area can handle more than 1 layer of 1/8" MLV. It could probably fit 2 or 3 layers if you really want to press the panel clips back on. But with one layer, it clipped on with no problem.
I did have a HUGE issue getting the cargo panels back on however! The rear seat attachment was a huge barrier of easily reinstalling the rear panels. Maybe im doing it wrong, but it took all my might, and pressing against the roof and opposite side of the car to get the plastic plane to pop back into place. Once the panel was past the seat latches, clipping it in was easy. Maybe im doing it wrong, but my god, it was a bitch.
Otherwise, i will continue with my passenger and rear doors when i get some time. So far the bass response is better, but only just. Not a huge difference, but im holding any judgement until i atleast get the front passenger door complete.