Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for Speed limit defencer for 2008 CR-V EX 4WD, 2.4L, Automatic Trans(Korean Version)to unlock 180kmh speed limit on the car. It may not be an issue for north american version of CR-V though. I found HKS SLD type-II. However, it does not included CR-V on the compatibility list.

I'm now thinking if there is no compatible SLD for the car, may be ECU replacement will solve the problem.

And here are my questions.
1. Do you know any SLD compatible with the CAR?
2. Can north american version of ECU would be compatible?
3. If you know aftermarket tuned ECU, please let me know.

Thank you very much for any comment.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
HKS makes one that is for automatics in general, which is all that there is for North America. If you have that say good-bye to your warranty. Also, if you race your Cr-v, which you probably don't, but if you want something like that, there are better options,. It's best to either re-map the ECU professionally or get a decent tuning job. Probably no one has figured any tuning maps out for the Cr-v since no one can really associate it as a race car, and also the 3rd gen is too new to have any real upgrades yet. You're best bet is the re-map or tune and that will net you about $1,000 to maybe even $3,000 for a decent one, and stay away from any "plug ins" or anything like that. The computer will over-ride that plug in anyway, and still drive normally.

The Cr-v maxes out at about 130mph anyway, which is all that little motor can handle, so there's no real reason to unlimit it. You can also pull more Revs by driving it like a manual transmission vehicle, but only for the lower speeds, since your 3rd, 4th etc, aren't available for manual control after the first 2 gears.

·
Registered
352 Posts
are all cars sold in Korea sold with a limiter? in the US, most cars have, but there's a lot of variety - a lot of American cars are limited to a "low" speed like 110 or 125mph, while German cars seem to like 155. but there is no law or anything; it's just the decision of the manufacturer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts