Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered splash guards for my very new EX-L and will put them on myself. Is there anything I should know about the best way to add them? The instructions make it seem simple, but I'm wondering about the best way to do it and not have to worry about the new holes I'll screw into the body becoming a problem with rust. This is my first post and any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed the genuine Honda splash guards on my EXL, purchased from College Hills Honda. The self tapping screws go into plastic fasteners already exist on the vehicles. No new holes in the metal are needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I didn't know I would be screwing into plastic. This simple DIY add-on cost me less than one-fourth of what the dealer wanted to install the guards. And yes, I bought them at College Hills Honda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, everyone. I didn't realize the screws went into plastic. This simple DIY project will cost less than one-fourth of my dealer's cost to install.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
All your new holes don't go through metal. I will say that while you can do the job with the wheels on the ground, you'll have more space to work if the car is up on jackstands.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just received a set of splash guards today from Amazon and self-installed them on my 5 day old 2017 CR-V EX-L AWD. Took me about 40 minutes (using the College Hills instructions), probably would have been 25 if I had a decent smaller screwdriver. By the final one on the driver side rear, I was only then smart enough to dig out a small ratcheting socket set that had philips bits as well which made it super easy (before and after).
CRV Day 1.jpg CRV Day 5 w splash guards.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
I installed a set a few days ago. A mini ratcheting screwdriver is almost a must have for ease of installation. You DO have to make some new holes in the existing rubberized wheel well trim. Two extra small spring clips like those in the package would also help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts