Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are splash guards worth it on the '17?
There's no painted area they would protect.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I believe they could also keep rocks from being tossed back into your car and the car following behind you. That is just my thinking anyway.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I think the Honda dealer installed splash guards are virtually worthless, way to short to do any good.......and the price the dealer charges, geez! I spent $20 for aftermarket soft rubber splash guards and less than an hour to install them.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I got a set from CollegeHills online for cheap. I don't know how effective they are, but they aren't terribly expensive, and are easy to install.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Our '09 RAV4 came with factory/dealer installed splash guards......they are virtually worthless, too short. They look identical to the Honda splash guards. I added splash guard extensions to our RAV4, now they do something.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
We had the dealer install our splash guards before we picked up our car. I think they look GREAT, blend in as if they were always been there. Are they the best protection, probably not but , better then nothing I guess..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Are splash guards not standard in the US? They’re standard equipment in Canada.

They help with keeping stones and salt from scratching up the lower part of the CR-V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
No they are not standard in the US. They are virtually useless, but often come with a vehicle/deal as they did on my 16 Subie Outback. When we get to the purchase of a new CR-V I will opt out and put on a nice pair of cheap black plastic ones from the auto parts store. They will cover much more area.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have the Honda guards and feel they protect adequately, were easy to install, are good quality and very good fit and look nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a local dealer install Honda Splash Guards on my 2017 CR-V Touring. The reduce the amount of spray the car sends up in the rain and have reduced the amount of mud splashed up on the car. I got them discounted with a coupon for installation.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
No they are not standard in the US. They are virtually useless, but often come with a vehicle/deal as they did on my 16 Subie Outback. When we get to the purchase of a new CR-V I will opt out and put on a nice pair of cheap black plastic ones from the auto parts store. They will cover much more area.
Like I mentioned earlier there not the best, but they do work. So I wouldn't call them "useless" by any means.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You may be correct as I do not actually own a CR-V yet. Sorry! My experience with several other brands with factory "splash guards" leads me to expect no more than others:confused::confused::cool:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The factory splash guards on both the '17 CR-V and '09 RAV4 are half-ass design......especially for what they charge. boattail nailed it.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
After you've spent $25 at the car wash or an hour washing it yourself and drive thru some idiots sprinkler water a block away you'll see the lower side of your new CR-V and ask yourself, why didn't Honda make those nice looking splash guards a little longer. Making things nice looking AND functional seems to be disappearing these days.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
After you've spent $25 at the car wash or an hour washing it yourself and drive thru some idiots sprinkler water a block away you'll see the lower side of your new CR-V and ask yourself, why didn't Honda make those nice looking splash guards a little longer. Making things nice looking AND functional seems to be disappearing these days.
It's not just the CRV....all new cars that use splash guards don't work either :=(

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
It's not just the CRV....all new cars that use splash guards don't work either :=(
Bingo! +1, you nailed it just like boattail.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Honda might need to limit splash guard size/functionality to maintain good aerodynamics.

I passed on the rampant Honda dealer prepackaged install WYSIWYG. It's just another way dealers try to increase profit margins.

The aftermarket sounds like the best option if you need it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts