Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought on ebay spoiler for 75.00 in shipping took 45 min to install also put on some nice rims 475.00 for all 4 out the door at Americas tire store, Im leaving the spoiler flat black the way it came
crv1.jpg
crv2.jpg
crv3.jpg
crv4.jpg
crv5.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just ordered some carbon fiber material for the hood and wing hopefully it looks good, I will post pictures in a week or so

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got that same spoiler ;-) Sprayed mine with PlastiDip to better match the black body molding. It's on the cheap side, but looks good (imo) and it's been on for over 6 months now with no problems. That led brake light is BRIGHT!

·
Registered
252 Posts
3 bolts, but I had to also put 2 way 3m tape as well do to the fact that it made a fluttering sound when I drove above 65 the tape solved the problem
Interesting - my spoiler appears identical to yours but did not have any bolts at all. Mine had hook brackets on both sides that hang on to the top edge, and used 3M molding attachment tape on all of the flat mating surfaces that make contact with the hatch body and glass. I also used black pvc adhesive along all of the edges that both helps hold the spoiler on as well as making a clean edge in the small gap created by the 3M tape. So basically it's just "hanging on" and can be removed leaving the car as it was if desired. I was originally a bit leery of this arrangement and concerned it might fall off, but it has proven rather solid so far and doesn't flutter or move even at highway speeds. The spoiler is just an ABS plastic shell and very light weight, so it doesn't take much to hold it down. Mine was branded "Spyder" and I got it for about $60 at Amazon.

Of course, perhaps I missed something as there were no instructions in the box ;-) But mine had no holes for bolts and there were no bolts in the hardware that came with it. Either way, it's still hanging on and doesn't appear ready to fall off any time soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Interesting - my spoiler appears identical to yours but did not have any bolts at all. Mine had hook brackets on both sides that hang on to the top edge, and used 3M molding attachment tape on all of the flat mating surfaces that make contact with the hatch body and glass. I also used black pvc adhesive along all of the edges that both helps hold the spoiler on as well as making a clean edge in the small gap created by the 3M tape. So basically it's just "hanging on" and can be removed leaving the car as it was if desired. I was originally a bit leery of this arrangement and concerned it might fall off, but it has proven rather solid so far and doesn't flutter or move even at highway speeds. The spoiler is just an ABS plastic shell and very light weight, so it doesn't take much to hold it down. Mine was branded "Spyder" and I got it for about $60 at Amazon.

Of course, perhaps I missed something as there were no instructions in the box ;-) But mine had no holes for bolts and there were no bolts in the hardware that came with it. Either way, it's still hanging on and doesn't appear ready to fall off any time soon.
Looks good can you show any pictures of how its attached on your car?

·
Registered
72 Posts
bought on ebay spoiler for 75.00 in shipping took 45 min to install also put on some nice rims 475.00 for all 4 out the door at Americas tire store, Im leaving the spoiler flat black the way it came

View attachment 53145
I am thinking of this as my future project. I'm sure the paint job will be running close to $200 to $250.00. My V is an SE model so it already came with aftermarket 17" Rims.
It does make the CRV look much better. But I guess the OEM Break Light has to go.
Looking Good!

Peter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts