Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone sprung for these yet? From the photos I've seen, I think that these really look good and add to the appearance, especially in the front. Of course they're not cheap -- especially if dealer-installed -- but if I go this route I might just get the one in front anyway since the rear bumper is not compatible with the splash guards.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Anyone sprung for these yet? From the photos I've seen, I think that these really look good and add to the appearance, especially in the front. Of course they're not cheap -- especially if dealer-installed -- but if I go this route I might just get the one in front anyway since the rear bumper is not compatible with the splash guards.
You don't need a splashguard on the rear since it only protects plastic. Second, this whole setup is a waste of money as it appears to only add paint finishing to the black plastic areas. Do you really want to worry about scratches and scuffs for an extra K.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need a splashguard on the rear since it only protects plastic. Second, this whole setup is a waste of money as it appears to only add paint finishing to the black plastic areas. Do you really want to worry about scratches and scuffs for an extra K.
Thanks for the advice. I had thought that it was a whole different-appearing piece, but that actually wouldn't make much sense that they'd design and produce a big part like that just to sell as an accessory. Painting the standard part would be more like it. Guess I'll save a few $$$!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I opted for them. I think they look nice and set my CR-V apart from what will soon be hundreds of thousands of them. I also installed an invisible bra so I do not have to worry about scratches and scuffs for the extra paint. Touring model has a contoured back sport bumper, it looks good.

back.jpg front.jpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
I opted for them. I think they look nice and set my CR-V apart from what will soon be hundreds of thousands of them. I also installed an invisible bra so I do not have to worry about scratches and scuffs for the extra paint. Touring model has a contoured back sport bumper, it looks good.
View attachment 77065 View attachment 77073
That looks really nice.

Where did you get the bra installed? What brand? What makes one bra better than another, and how was the install? What does it cover? DIY?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah we will see hundreds of thousands on the road. Me i have been already trying to make it not fit in. By wrapping pillers as well as installing a roof rack trying to get a idea of what else i should do to it. The sport bumper looks nice but i am wondering if i can just only get the front and not the rear. How would that look they are pricey

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah we will see hundreds of thousands on the road. Me i have been already trying to make it not fit in. By wrapping pillers as well as installing a roof rack trying to get a idea of what else i should do to it. The sport bumper looks nice but i am wondering if i can just only get the front and not the rear. How would that look they are pricey
I think that's subjective. But to me, it's all or nothing, I think it would look off if you only do one bumper only.

I personally like the black bumpers but I don't know what to do to my CR-V to have it stand out from the rest if slightly. I have the cross bars, but meh that's hardly distinguishable. Accessory wheels may be one way to do it, but with the car rolling it looks no different than other CR-Vs.

·
Registered
48 Posts

View attachment 77065 View attachment 77073
If you don't mind me asking, did your dealer charge you for installation (if so how much?), or were you able to work something out? I will be getting the sport bumpers and quite a few other accessories, so my plan is: after I negotiate a price only for the car, I'll move on to the accessories where I will buy from dealership at their (inflated) prices if installation is included. If I can't accomplish a good enough deal, I'll just buy everything from College Hills, and have a mechanic friend install everything that I can't.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That looks really nice.

Where did you get the bra installed? What brand? What makes one bra better than another, and how was the install? What does it cover? DIY?
Thanks.

I had my 3M bra installed locally at Eclipse Tinting It covers everything grey from the front fenders forward. I got the deflector instead of the bra on the hood because the last few cars the line has bothered me. This will be my forth car with an invisible bra, I have always had great luck with them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that's subjective. But to me, it's all or nothing, I think it would look off if you only do one bumper only.

I personally like the black bumpers but I don't know what to do to my CR-V to have it stand out from the rest if slightly. I have the cross bars, but meh that's hardly distinguishable. Accessory wheels may be one way to do it, but with the car rolling it looks no different than other CR-Vs.
I told the dealer they could keep the factory bumpers if they didn't charge me for the install. Same with the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a 2018 that is black in color. Opted for the front sport bumper but not the rear. I wanted to retain the splash guards and couldn't do that if I put on the rear sport bumper. It looks fine with the standard rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Went for the sport bumpers and glad we did, the back bumper just looked cheap to me.

Installed my front last week with the touring headlights & the rear today, gonna knock out the exhaust finishers this week
i'm happy with them, rear took me about 40 minutes and front was a little longer since i was doing horns & other stuff lol

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
I really like the look of the sport bumpers, but I don't think they are worth the price. If I had known about them at time of purchase would have finagled them into the deal for labor only. I've seen RAV4's with this also and looks much nicer than all that black. Guess I'm old school, I also prefer color coded mirrors and door handles as opposed to chrome.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bumpers get a lot of wear and tear and are the first parts to get struck by road debris or an accident so I rather like them unpainted, HOWEVER, my CR-V is black so all these unpainted black parts don't stand out as much.

As for the mud/splash guards, they seem awfully small, do they actually do a good job with protecting the car from debris?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Bumpers get a lot of wear and tear and are the first parts to get struck by road debris or an accident so I rather like them unpainted, HOWEVER, my CR-V is black so all these unpainted black parts don't stand out as much.

As for the mud/splash guards, they seem awfully small, do they actually do a good job with protecting the car from debris?

The splash guards are pretty good, aftermarket is larger but it keeps alot of stuff up on the sides in conjunction with sidesteps.
Rears arent useable with aero rear bumper so they’ll be on ebay haha

The sport bumpers are an acquired tasted, i’ve always ‘modded’ my cars
Supercharged si, type r ep3 so i’m just bored with the crv and wanted to finish off my list
By spring and still keep it driveable for wife haha
If someone scratches the bumpers i’ll buy them again or install the oems lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sports bumper looks awesome and I would have bought them if I didn't get a black CRV. Maybe one day I will get them but not anytime soon :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts