Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an avid Spotify fan and have found that it works very well in my 2012 CRV connected via Bluetooth. I can use the car's controls to adjust volume and move between tracks. I can listen to albums and my playlists. It works great. has anyone else used Spotify or another streaming service in their Honda?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use Soundcloud and it works in the same fashion as Spotify with the CRV audio system. The USB connection also supports these application when you start with Pandora.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spotify just upgraded their players in the U.S. to include radio stations similar to Pandora. It works wonderfully through the Bluetooth Streaming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having a lot of trouble with Spotify on my 2012 CRV EX-L with Nav.... I often get "unsupported format" messages when playing tracks either via bluetooth streaming or plugged in. These same tracks play fine no my iPhone 4S, or streamed anywhere else.

I brought this up to my dealer and got no help... Very frustrating because some tracks are fine and others aren't so I have to pick and choose. I have to disconnect and reconnect my iPhone every time this happens. Ruins my mobile music experience.

I love Spotify,but 0% of my music listening time is on my commute. If Honda, Apple, or Spotify cannot resolve this then I'll just cancel the service.

Anyone else having these types of challenges?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am having a lot of trouble with Spotify on my 2012 CRV EX-L with Nav.... I often get "unsupported format" messages when playing tracks either via bluetooth streaming or plugged in. These same tracks play fine no my iPhone 4S, or streamed anywhere else.

I brought this up to my dealer and got no help... Very frustrating because some tracks are fine and others aren't so I have to pick and choose. I have to disconnect and reconnect my iPhone every time this happens. Ruins my mobile music experience.

I love Spotify,but 0% of my music listening time is on my commute. If Honda, Apple, or Spotify cannot resolve this then I'll just cancel the service.

Anyone else having these types of challenges?

The "unsupported" message is normal (although intermittent) when connected via USB and using anything other than the iPod app or Pandora, but not via bluetooth. Are you saying you are getting that message on the Navi or iMID when connected via bluetooth also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haven't been on in a while - but I did finally discover that this problem with "unsupported format" was the result of having wi-fi turned on while using my iphone to stream from Spotify on my iPhone 4S. Haven't seen this message once since then!

However, recently, I've ugpraded to an iPhone 5 and having a whole new host of problems - mainly that streaming works, but won't play when connected via USB port - so if I don't have a charge I can't listen to music!!

Am thinking about switching to an Android device. Anyone have any experience with Spotify on Android in their CRV?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Haven't been on in a while - but I did finally discover that this problem with "unsupported format" was the result of having wi-fi turned on while using my iphone to stream from Spotify on my iPhone 4S. Haven't seen this message once since then!

However, recently, I've ugpraded to an iPhone 5 and having a whole new host of problems - mainly that streaming works, but won't play when connected via USB port - so if I don't have a charge I can't listen to music!!

Am thinking about switching to an Android device. Anyone have any experience with Spotify on Android in their CRV?
My iphone 6s plus plays spotify via bluetooth and charge at the same time. But switching to samsung is not a bad idea though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts