Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
✅ Project CR-V Daily is officially completed! 🐸 BIG shout out to the gentlemen over at Audio Systems in Moreno Valley, California, whom I had the pleasure in communicating with both master installer & master tuner! The chemistry amongst all of us made the project that much enjoyable, knowing that they had my best interest in seeking perfection at the highest level!
So, I let them run wild and they went above & beyond, exceeding my expectations! It all started through the recommendations from a highly regarded tuner on the other side of the country as I was seeking a tuner local to me here... I reached out to Yacdiel Ruiz and we immediately hit it off and ran a few ideas in terms of equipment selection (I wanted to keep the Audiofrog Car Audio theme) and discussed budget and pricing, contingent of auditioning his Mazda equipped with the GB Series 3 way before making the final decision...
Made the trip to the shop one evening and met everyone, and had the opportunity to audition the competition build, Mazda and I was completely blown away, and sure enough, the Mazda won 1st place State Championship later on that week, which I attended and supported! 🏆
What a journey it has been and couldn’t be any happier on the final solid build, and the best part of all this, is that I have met some new friends along the way!

IMG_6552.JPG
IMG_6528.JPG
IMG_6529.JPG
IMG_6539.JPG
Bravo.jpg
Douglas Y Cablkes BRAVO.jpg

Attachments

·
1,951 Posts
That there is a very pristine install. What are the specs and output results? Now you can blow out your hearing prematurely but in later years you'll be able to present this evidence that you did it in style! What's the group size and specs on that battery?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too funny!
Tweeters @ 120 RMS
Midrange @ 120 RMS
Midwoofers @ 320 RMS
Rear-fill components @ 80 RMS
Subwoofer @ 967 RMS
Total: 2,087 RMS of pure Powa but this is a sound quality build (SQ) not SPL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery is a highly regarded Northstar Battery. The goal was to place the biggest AGM battery in there without removing a cylinder. (Wink). I don’t know the exact model number but it’s a BIG boy with minimal fabrication. I can tell you the system is constantly holding 14.5V while car is idling and at max volume.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That there is a very pristine install. What are the specs and output results? Now you can blow out your hearing prematurely but in later years you'll be able to present this evidence that you did it in style! What's the group size and specs on that battery?
Battery Model: Northstar AGM24F

·
1,951 Posts
Got it. Thanks! A 24F is the size I already planned to upgrade to at my next battery change, and I already got the (2014) OEM Honda Odyssey battery tray and box for the swap, per this thread:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/51-battery-replacement.185770/

My audio upgrade will be much less ambitious, but I do plan to go for a Good SQ outcome on a smaller scale. It will be sufficient that the stock 51R battery will not suffice. I'm not sure about using an AGM, though, as I mostly make short trips, and the AGM batteries require longer charging times. I'll have to do more research.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts