Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard squeaky noise from hydraulic bars on the tailgate while opening?

The left hydraulic bar is also slightly more flimsy than the right one.

I'm wondering if this is a defect from factory.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is left side the driver side or passenger side?

·
Registered
101 Posts
May I please piggyback on your tailgate issue? I want to know if any of you experience the multiple beeping when you close the tailgate, letting you know that it (supposedly) isn't completely closed? I tend to get this quite a bit and have learned that if I just hit the lock button on the fob when it happens, then everything seems to be ok. Still, it's odd.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
When I try to rock it, its kinda wobbly on the left side but the right side is firm and solid.
I'd check your hinges; that doesn't sound like a strut issue. Though I suppose it's possible the strut sockets are loose; simply grab the strut itself at each end and see if the ball joint is secure.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
May I please piggyback on your tailgate issue? I want to know if any of you experience the multiple beeping when you close the tailgate, letting you know that it (supposedly) isn't completely closed? I tend to get this quite a bit and have learned that if I just hit the lock button on the fob when it happens, then everything seems to be ok. Still, it's odd.
If you walk too far away from the car while the trunk is still closing, the car is letting you know it didn't auto-lock. It won't auto-lock unless it can verify that your key fob is outside the car. The receive range for the fob is only 10ft or so. If the fob doesn't respond to the car's query, it could very well still be inside the car, but with the battery dead. So, as a precaution (to avoid auto-locking you out of your own car), if it doesn't receive an answer from the fob, it will not auto-lock the car and will instead beep meanly at you so you know what's going on.

You'll get the same angry beeps if you go inside your house while your passenger (without a key) lags behind getting their stuff and then shuts the door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd check your hinges; that doesn't sound like a strut issue. Though I suppose it's possible the strut sockets are loose; simply grab the strut itself at each end and see if the ball joint is secure.
The ball joints on both ends are secured. I can wiggle the left hydraulic strut but not on the right side.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nope. Havent had that. 2 week old owner))

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got my struts changed under warranty cuz it was making a grinding noise when fully extended. Did nothing. I checked new crvs on the lot and they made the same noise

1 - 16 of 16 Posts