Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often notice when I pull into the garage and shutoff the engine there is a squeaking sound from something slowing down until it comes to a stop. Sounds a little like a bearing that is going out. I don’t notice it with the engine running but I don’t think it’s loud enough to hear over the engine. It goes away within 3-4 seconds. I can’t seem to reproduce on demand. Wondering if it’s the cooling fans as I know they don’t run all of the time. Just wanted to see if this sounds familiar to anyone. Going into the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and will ask then. Will update if we find anything helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Maybe those crazy grill shutters opening?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have this noise on my 2017 ex-l...the dealer told me it was normal. In my opinion it doesn't sound very good and is annoying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It definitely is not confidence inspiring... Mine is an EX-L as well. Doesn’t seem normal but I can’t recall if it’s always done it or not. We have 27K miles.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Have someone pull it in and turn it off while you are watching those crazy grill shutters. If those crazy shutters are closed when pulling in/turning motor off, the efans are most likely not running. Pop/raise the hood, stand outside and listen/look when the motor is turned off.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I have this noise on my 2017 ex-l...the dealer told me it was normal. In my opinion it doesn't sound very good and is annoying.

Did the dealership tell you what it was that “is normal”?

·
Registered
49 Posts
It definitely is not confidence inspiring... Mine is an EX-L as well. Doesn’t seem normal but I can’t recall if it’s always done it or not. We have 27K miles.

We have 26k on ours it is a regular noise I hear... Sorry that's probably not what you wanted to hear. I have learned to ignore it since our two kids are keeping us busy by time we shut the car off.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I would think this time of year the efans would not be running or if they are, running at their lowest speed in which they are almost silent, at lowest speed. Will be interesting what the shop says.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have 26k on ours it is a regular noise I hear... Sorry that's probably not what you wanted to hear. I have learned to ignore it since our two kids are keeping us busy by time we shut the car off.

Haha... I have one and a second one coming any day. I should consider myself lucky that I can hear the fan at all :)

With temps in the 20s tomorrow in Kansas City, I’m going to guess the efans won’t be running and it won’t be reproducible. Maybe I should wait for a warmer day.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The emergency brake sounds like that when it engages as the engine is shut off, if it is set to engage automatically.
Did you check if it is this?
If not the brake, did you drive through any water that water very high?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Haha... I have one and a second one coming any day. I should consider myself lucky that I can hear the fan at all :)

With temps in the 20s tomorrow in Kansas City, I’m going to guess the efans won’t be running and it won’t be reproducible. Maybe I should wait for a warmer day.

An early congrats to you!!!

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Pop your hood get some one with you, and put your ear to the areas you think are the issue and report back then all of us guessing its the fan because I am going to say "Turbo Fan".

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Not "all of us".......I'm guessing those crazy grill shutters. LOL Ain't it fun diagnosing audio when all we have is visual to go on.:headscratch:

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
LOl good luck then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts