Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CRV 2010 with around 170,000kms on it. There is this squeaking noise coming from under the car (not from the engine bay) near the driveshaft area when idling at 500RPM's

I took it to a couple mechanics to check the driveshaft but they said that "nothing is wrong with it"

Here are a few videos that has the sound:

The squeak is starting to happen when I'm in park. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the noise change with acceleration or engine rev?
The squeak goes away when RPM's are at or above 800. Also, when it changes gears between 2nd to 1st there is a series of small squeaks. I checked the transmission fluid and the red is vibrant.

I'll see if I can get a video of the squeaking while shifting

·
Premium Member
2008 EX AWD
104 Posts
The squeak goes away when RPM's are at or above 800. Also, when it changes gears between 2nd to 1st there is a series of small squeaks. I checked the transmission fluid and the red is vibrant.

I'll see if I can get a video of the squeaking while shifting
I would definitely check the heat shields around the catalytic converter and any other ones under there. Lots of times they will break off at/around/near where they bolt together. The squeak comes from the broken pieces rubbing back and forth on each other. The vibration changes at different RPMs and the squeak and change frequency or completely stop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I took it to a muffler and transmission place. They found the source of the sound! It was a series of spring mounts for the exhaust that were rusted. The highlighted numbers are the parts that needs to be replaced

Attachments

·
3,096 Posts
Good to know this! Thanks for sharing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts