Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2008 CR-V EX Manual (new 1st march) and have now done about 1300 miles.

Quite often when reversing (and sometimes in forward when moving slowly) I get a very loud squealing/screeching noise! So loud that passers-by stop to find out where the noise is coming from, not quite what I was expecting people to be looking at the car for!

At first I thought this might be the rear brakes or hand brake binding slightly, but i'm now pretty sure this is not the cause.

Has anyone else had this issue with a 2007/2008 manual?

Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Rusty Rotors

Are your disk brake rotors rusting? Mine, especially in the back, develop a light coat of rust after rain or washing the car. When I first move the car, particularly in reverse the rotors make noise. I wouldnt call it a squeal though, more like a grinding noise. Within a mile, the noise is gone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ive had a similar issue from new. Load squeeling from the front when braking at low speeds, only when steering with a lot of lock. Typically when pulling into a car parking space. Over time (7 months and 8 k miles from new) ive noticed:
It seams to be worse in wet/cold weather.
It seems to not do it after a few miles and when brakes been used a bit - ie drive 2 miles to supermarket it will tend to happen when parking, but pull off motorway into motorway services it wont do it.
It very rarely does it on the road braking at speed or with small amounts of lock applied.

Look on the what car reader review section for the current crv. A few others have mentioned load noises under braking. As its only intermittant for me I was going to wait for the first service to get it looked at.
Ive never had these noises from the rear though.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2008 CR-V EX Manual (new 1st march) and have now done about 1300 miles.

Quite often when reversing (and sometimes in forward when moving slowly) I get a very loud squealing/screeching noise! So loud that passers-by stop to find out where the noise is coming from, not quite what I was expecting people to be looking at the car for!

At first I thought this might be the rear brakes or hand brake binding slightly, but i'm now pretty sure this is not the cause.

Has anyone else had this issue with a 2007/2008 manual?

Any thoughts or ideas?
Have the dealer inspect the rear differential. Mine was sounding a little like this and they changed out the fluid and the noise went away. FYI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts