Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very good evening to one and all. I would be very grateful if someone could cure my confusion regarding updating the SSD satnav. I have been going around in circles and as a man in my mid seventies I am positively dizzy! My map version says 14-15 years so does that mean I should get free updates for this period? It says program version 306 but I'm confused as to what this means. I have a 2015 1.6 CR-V. I've had it for just about a year now and I love it but after 3 days of trying to find a solution I am stumped. Can anyone help me please? It would be so much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Honda US does not offer free map updates. This would be considered an additional revenue generator. I suspect the UK would be the same. I speculate there have not been too many roads added since 2015 in the UK. I can say for certain there have not been that many new roads add in the US. While I have a 2016, the map version is probably the same and I would not consider paying for an update.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
433 Posts
Honda US does not offer free map updates. This would be considered an additional revenue generator. I suspect the UK would be the same. I speculate there have not been too many roads added since 2015 in the UK. I can say for certain there have not been that many new roads add in the US. While I have a 2016, the map version is probably the same and I would not consider paying for an update.
So this may vary by year but Honda does offer free updates.

Do I have to pay for map updates?
For Honda vehicles with Garmin navigation, a user gets 5 years of map updates at no cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

For Honda vehicles with Garmin navigation, a user gets 5 years of map updates at no cost.

Thank you so much. I will look into this. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts