Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had to install 2 new starters and rebuild them twice, so problem 4 times, is there a recall on the 2006 starter, just doesn't seem right to me. Alot of money.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
I have had to install 2 new starters and rebuild them twice, so problem 4 times, is there a recall on the 2006 starter, just doesn't seem right to me. Alot of money.
what is failing the electric motor, solenoid or the drive,these starters do have a slip on terminal for the ignition signal maybe a bad connection/slip on terminal , i know the jeeps are good for that but haven't seen on honda but just a thought

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Not buying cheap starters off the internet are you???

That starter is pretty much the same one used for Accord, CRV and Element for a few years. So I think it's the quality of the parts being used, not the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a CRV 2005 never had a problem and i have de car for about 6 years. Maybe you should get a good quality starter. What brand did you get?? i mean to not get on the same mistake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts