Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been decided, the Odyssey though we love it, certain things are just too expensive to keep fighting with. AKA the power sliding doors. Plus problems with door jam switches and random little crap. Powertrain is amazing and never a hiccup. Not to mention fast as hell for a minivan.

When we get taxes back going to buy a second CRV

Looking at gen 2/2.5 or gen 3 CRV. I'm leaning on 2.5 because I can get the color I want and take my mods off mine and give my current one to my wife.

Obviously mechanical side of things are not my concern. But Honda seems to have little issues with the optional stuff. Obviously pertains to EX trim or higher.

Are there any annoyances or possibly somewhat expensive issues outside of anything engine/transmission/driveline related I should keep an eye out for or expect to deal with at some point

ALSO, do 2.5 or gen 3 ride any differently than gen 2. My wife complains a little about the rough ride of mine even with OEM size touring tires.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
ALSO, do 2.5 or gen 3 ride any differently than gen 2. My wife complains a little about the rough ride of mine even with OEM size touring tires.
Did you ever get another CR-V? I noted elsewhere you still had an Odyssey.

I can't compare to the 2nd gen, but the 3rd gen rides different than the 1st gen--it feels more "grown up," if that makes sense. The seats are certainly more comfortable over the long haul--the 1st gen's seats never were long enough in the legs, and the seat bottom was slightly "scooped" to where the very rear of the bottom cushion could irritate the tailbone a little. Both of our '09s are the EX-L model.

I have no complaints on the highway regarding the ride, but good tires do make a difference. The '09s feel very stable on the freeway, even with their height. I can't comment on rough rides too much since our roads are so horrible--everything rides rough. (We're talking a road with numerous potholes repaired by a decade's worth of cold patch, one thrown atop the other.) But once you're on good pavement, the minor bumps really don't register. It's probably comparable to what you have with your 2nd gen, I would think. Handling is nice--I can toss it around a corner and not have a top-heavy feeling to it.

I've always liked the Gen 1 and Gen 2 SE models, not just for the leather, but the body-colored bumpers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.