Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we have a tentative camping trip planned for this fall at Starved Rock for late October (or November) but I need to know who is interested and what dates work. I'm gone the first weekend in Nov. since I'll be attending SEMA. This could be a FUN, FUN weekend for many. Colin (from Element Owners Club) and I are the two starting this idea this point. Any others who might be interested (esp. those who have been to Starved Rock before)??? If you have tips on this park, please post here in advance.

This is open to our Ridgeline, Element and CR-V Owners Club members and will be a great time! I'll try to bring some goodies to give away even! ;)

Thanks! Let's try to put something together!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Did you go to this? Wife and I spent the weekend of 12/2 there in one of the cabins. It looked out over the river valley and had a fabulous view. With a foot of new snow around, it was really beautiful. For those who don't know, the "cabins" are like 4 hotel rooms per building, but with a rustic setting and look like log cabins, inside and out.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I'm not a camping type of guy, but I'll be there for sure if there's a meet. I can't make the weekend of Oct. 6 though because I'm getting married that weekend!
The cabins are really nice to stay in. You can also try the Grand Bear Resort - which is a really new indoor water park and indoor amusement park. It is located on the edge of Starved Rock State Park. The kids LOVED the place.

http://www.grizzlyjacksresort.com/

I just spent a couple nights there in one of the HUGE house-sized "cabins" there. I am guessing our "cabin was around 2500+ square feet! Considering how many it sleeps and the amenities that are included (obviously, I hope, more than what a newlywed couple would need) it seemed a bargain at around $500 a night.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Starved Rock Camping

Maybe a good time for us. Like to see other CRV owners there as I just got red 97 that I'm enhancing. Need fog lights now if anyone has a handle of where to get just the lights.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Maybe a good time for us. Like to see other CRV owners there as I just got red 97 that I'm enhancing. Need fog lights now if anyone has a handle of where to get just the lights.
I would go with aftermarket lights. The factory ones will require drilling thru the front bumper cover and are quite large. Makes the V look like it has a set of frog eyes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the date(s) of the event?

Greetings:

Was a date finally decided for the meet at Starved Rock? I'm less than fifty miles away so it wouldn't be too much trouble to hop in the new EX-L and put some miles on it!!! Please let me know so I can get the date on my calendar

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would go with aftermarket lights. The factory ones will require drilling thru the front bumper cover and are quite large. Makes the V look like it has a set of frog eyes.
Finally sourced the factoryu originals. Got to be one of the best looking 97s in Chicago. Almost every option available in 97 is on this V. Couldn't be a prouder papa!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts