Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I enter our 2021 CRV hybrid a crackling or staticky noise occurs in the dash area. Weeks ago, along with noise, the car flashed a series of failure messages on dash screen culminating with one saying something like “electronic failure do not drive this car!” Had it towed to dealer. After several days, they said it was ready and all it needed was a new battery (After 13 months, 7,500 miles of use.) Said they ran complete diagnostics on electronics and no other issues. Since then, car operates fine but staticky noise builds anxiety.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Discussed via telecom. Service manager said it passed all diagnostics so nothing more could be done unless it had major failure similar to original issue. Side note: AAA battery tech came prior to original tow and his diags showed good battery & charging system. So my confidence in dealer is not high.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
12,431 Posts
Then take it to another dealer. You have warranty.

Ask to see another vehicle and whether the same noise emanates.

Also, word of advice - never discuss issues over the phone. Do it in person so you cant be fobbed off.

· Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,964 Posts
Do it in person so you cant be fobbed off.
You can be 'fobbed off' in person, too.

Is the static apparent in a phone video? If you have warranty, that issue is valid whether it is a result of the dealer's work or not. :mad:

Problem statement should be "This static noise just started, please eliminate it"

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
10,699 Posts
Is the static apparent in a phone video? If you have warranty, that issue is valid whether it is a result of the dealer's work or not. :mad:

Problem statement should be "This static noise just started, please eliminate it"
(y) (y) Exactly.

Never leave your CRV with the dealer without first having the opportunity to demonstrate your concern to an actual service tech (not the service associate that writes your work order, but an actual service tech who actually can ride with you and confirm what your concern is). If your service associate will not go get a service tech to listen with you... leave that dealer and proceed to the next one (AND be sure to report that dealer to Honda Customer Support as being non-responsive to a customer concern).

You can be 'fobbed off' in person, too.
Easily remedied with a new CR2032 battery, right? :geek: OH... wait... I've been snagged by UK slang yet again I see. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts