Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run black steel rims like I have seen on many CR-Vs. One thing I was wondering if people have issues with vibration because from what I can tell with that style rim is that they are not hub centric and would not tight around the hub. Are the holes drilled for the lugs basically just drilled enough to hold the wheel center?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The CR-V is hub centric, regardless of the wheels you have.
If the wheels you want to buy do not match the CR-Vs hub size then you'll need a hub centering ring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah with all my other aftermarket rims I have I my other Hondas I run centering rings, but with steel wheels from what I can tell you most likely cannot run any centering rings with them because its a thinner metal with just a cut out and would not allow rings to sit properly in the cutout/bore

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I want to run black steel rims like I have seen on many CR-Vs. One thing I was wondering if people have issues with vibration because from what I can tell with that style rim is that they are not hub centric and would not tight around the hub. Are the holes drilled for the lugs basically just drilled enough to hold the wheel center?
I have aftermarket aluminum (not steel) wheels on our V and the center bore of the wheels is larger than the hub.....in other words, lug-centric. I'm not using a hub-ring and the tire/wheel combo rides smooth as silk. I suspect most aftermarket wheels have larger center bores than the diameter of most hubs. I would suggest you trying the wheels you want (probably larger center bore), have all 4 balanced and try it on the highway at speed. If no shimmy/vibration, you're good to go. If you do have shimmy/vibration, get a set of hub-rings specific for your wheels/hubs........hub-rings are dirt cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts