Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel Wheels

Tags
steel wheels
10K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  G3Ken 
#1 ·
I'm having new tires and wheels installed tomorrow. Are the old steel wheels worth reselling? They have some rust but are fine otherwise. I think there would be some demand to use them for winter tires.

#7 ·
If the center cap's are included, that's too cheap. Look on ebay to compare. Salvage yards easily get a minimum of $20.00/25.00 per wheel with NO CENTER CAP. JMO good luck...........David g.

#10 ·
It really hurts me to see wheels like that. How could you ever allow them to get so rusty? Anyway, I bought a set in good shape, no rust with only a few minor scratches, for $100. Including center caps. These are 17", right?

I would try and clean them, then ask $100.

#11 ·
Yes, 17 inches. They were in about the same condition when I bought the car a couple years ago. I did manage to clean most of the rust off at one point, but it came back pretty fast. Others on here also have issues with the 2008 wheels rusting. A wire wheel brush and some paint should take care of them. No more rust with the new alloy wheels and tires. It looks so much better.

#17 ·
Your new wheels look super! Your old steel wheels..... Give somebody a break, it's not always about money! Cheers!

#19 ·
ironchef - The picture shows the OE 07-09 EX & EX-L alloys. They look good. OE tire size was 225/65-17. If someone here has a set for sale, I would be interested in them as a second set for snows. Right now have 17" steelies w/snows, and much prefer the alloys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.