Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this work done yet? My local Honda dealers are saying they have no parts and they don't know when they will get them. I called Honda and they said I have to go through the dealer, they can't provide any dates either. Sounds like a run around to me. Just wondering what experiences anyone else has had with this recall.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Spoke with my dealer 3 weeks ago and received same story (no parts). They suggested I wait a month to 6 weeks at least before even trying to schedule the work. I plan on checking again next week to see if the story has changed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had scheduled an appointment a few weeks ago to get this done and it was cancelled due to lack of parts. It was rescheduled to this coming Monday. The dealer called me for the appointment reminder yesterday and I wanted confirmation that parts were in and I wouldn't be wasting my time going in. The receptionist said mechanic checked everything off and I was good to come in … we'll see. I just may be the first to get this recall work completed!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to see it isn't just me (misery loves company? Haha!). H82LOS3, it is my understanding that this only affects the 2019 year but all models in that year. Also, I believe anything built after a certain date in 2019 is ok, so not a blanket recall. If your VIN is not showing it, you should be good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I checked with my selling dealer in Cumming GA I got the same story. But when the electronics went crazy on a trip to Pittsburgh the South Hills Honda dealer said he replaced the cable but now the steering shaft cover will not stay closed. Going to the dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had this work done yet? My local Honda dealers are saying they have no parts and they don't know when they will get them. I called Honda and they said I have to go through the dealer, they can't provide any dates either. Sounds like a run around to me. Just wondering what experiences anyone else has had with this recall.
My dealer had to order parts. They called when parts arrived. Repair took about 1 hour. No problems at all.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,069 Posts
My dealer had to order parts. They called when parts arrived. Repair took about 1 hour. No problems at all.
That's the way Honda does recalls. Each set of parts ordered is assigned to a specific vin. That way Honda tracks the parts installed on vehicles just in case experience shows the new parts to have issues and require replacement.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I booked my first 7k regular maintenance and I asked for the recall to be done at the same time.
At the dealership, I was told that they don't have the parts and asked to wait for their call. They said to wait for a week.
One month after, I called again. They still had no parts and they had no idea when they'll have them.
I called Honda America and asked for a solution. They also told me to wait. To my surprise, Honda America followed up with two phone calls, asking, each time, if my dealer called me. Since they never did, the third time, HA told me to call other dealers and suggested a name.
I called their suggested dealer, they had the parts and I got the recall fixed a few days after.

·
Banned
249 Posts
I called my dealer two weeks ago to schedule the battery update and inquire about the steering recall. They said no idea when for steering recall. So I took it in this past week and they did the steering recall, even though the week before they said they had no idea when, and then didn't do the battery update. Wtf? I was livid. I left it with them for the day and got a courtesy car and they did the battery update in like 30-45 mins. But after that, all is well, apparently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts