Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. does anyone have an idea where i can get a replacement for the steering wheel switch (AUDIO / CRUISE CONTROL). switch paint starts to chip terribly. it works fine but looking at it annoys me..:ROFLMAO:

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Hello and welcome.

eBay or a breakers yard could be your best bet for these switches.

I see you are in the UAE. Give Al-Futtaim Honda services a call. They are fantastic and can probably source you some for a fair price. I know they have a couple of outlets - best one by far is the one on SZR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@TheDarkKnight thank you very much! I called them few weeks back but they sell it as a whole, I mean including the switch assembly.. and its not cheap :ROFLMAO: and I don't want to throw away these since its still working fine, its just the paint that annoys me. I think all Honda has this issue, I was hoping to find the buttons only, or there isn't one available? I will try to check ebay too today.. thank you!!

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
eBay may well be your best bet.....let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do! I hope someone can comment here how they fixed it... my last resort is to repaint it..:p

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Repainting is definitely the quickest and cheapest option.

Just had a look on eBay - those controls go for around £50 a go....quite expensive!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked the dealer for the OEM parts it cost almost £300... nopeeee no thanks! because I'm sure soon it will result to the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,016 Posts
Dye it

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,485 Posts
Repainting is definitely the quickest and cheapest option.
I think you'd have adherance issues, and it would be impossible to match the color and texture.
I'd try to find some thin, adhesive backed film of some sort, cut it out with an xacto and cover the entire buttons.
Or maybe nail polish?

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts
they go for $40.00 the audio one.

they go for $18.00

too much rubbing and for me I work with Bees wax, kills plastics

Pleasedo find one post one in your Region will help the next person lookingfor one

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
I think you'd have adherance issues, and it would be impossible to match the color and texture.
I'd try to find some thin, adhesive backed film of some sort, cut it out with an xacto and cover the entire buttons.
Or maybe nail polish?
Carbon fibre or gloss black wrap? :)

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts
Search ritz dye

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,485 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2014 Civic
They seem to have corrected the problem on the new models.
You press a raised rim around the outside, not the label.
Kind of late for the older cars though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found this online and they ship world wide. It cost $50 for the AUDIO CONTROL including shipping fee. I still couldn't find for the cruise control though.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Looks legit....drop them an email, see if they respond?

Reactions: vossentrio

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@fishycomics yup, I rarely purchase products online that's why. Also, I really don't want to spend that much for the whole assembly because mine is still working fine, its just the buttons that I need to replace.. Been searching online for the buttons but I guess its not available anywhere. I found a complete assembly from a salvage shop yesterday and its way cheaper too! but my guess is, it has like 80% of its life before it starts to chip off and have the same issue. if I couldn't find any, I think I will just remove the black color to make it all white.:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
5,016 Posts
@fishycomics yup, I rarely purchase products online that's why. Also, I really don't want to spend that much for the whole assembly because mine is still working fine, its just the buttons that I need to replace.. Been searching online for the buttons but I guess its not available anywhere. I found a complete assembly from a salvage shop yesterday and its way cheaper too! but my guess is, it has like 80% of its life before it starts to chip off and have the same issue. if I couldn't find any, I think I will just remove the black color to make it all white.:ROFLMAO:
Thank you @vossentrio you do have to look at the site you are on:
Hondapartsnow.com
Hondapartsnow.com is independently owned and operated by Genuine Parts Giant, Inc. Hondapartsnow.com is not owned, operated by, or affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts