Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found or pulled their door panels off to see what the ohm loads are on the speakers for an '18 EX-L? I was told the the ratings would be smaller for the front door tweeter and bass speakers as compared to the rear door tweeter and bass units. Thanks!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Has anyone found or pulled their door panels off to see what the ohm loads are on the speakers for an '18 EX-L? I was told the the ratings would be smaller for the front door tweeter and bass speakers as compared to the rear door tweeter and bass units. Thanks!
The oem rated resistance is 4ohms for all 8 door speakers and tweeters. The subwoofer, if you have it, is 2 ohm. This is directly from Honda tech info. Whomever told you that was misinformed.

(I put 2ohm components in the doors anyway and am quite happy, see my sound deadening build log).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the speaker ohm information. I do not have the sub-woofer (touring) model. FYI -- I was informed on July 14 that Crutchfield should be getting a powered sub-woofer unit that will fit inside the spare tire wheel sometime in the Aug/Sept. I don't recall if he knew the brand but estimated it would be in the $400 range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanting to share, I initially changed my stock factory speakers to an Alpine S components. Great improvement but not enough for my liking. Ended up adding an amp and a shallow mount sub in a down firing box. Now its acceptable. Will be adding DSP soon for tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts