Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my experience, YMMV.

I was running a set of Sumo Springs rubber inserts (first pic) to stiffen up the rear when we fully load up the dog in the back, Kayaks on top, and a bit of light gear on the hitch rack (<100lbs.) They seemed to work better than stock, but still a bit soft when fully loaded.

I added a universal kit from Air Lift with 20mm spacers. Much better solution, as can be kept at stock until you need the extra stiff rear end.
download.png
5bd3cfdb-b60e-4da7-9e1f-c465ac8855f1.jpeg
IMG_20200628_092128798_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200629_150522758.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good solution! I was also considering spacers, but it looks like your latest idea is fantastic. I will definitely look into this product. I have a similar issue with my 2011 CRV.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
939 Posts
Nice setup, where did you get the spacers? My lowering springs just came today but would be nice to have something for loaded up road trips/family to keep the rear up a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I 3d printed the spacers out of ABS. Per the AirLift instructions, you can buy them Mine were a donut shaped 50mmDx20mmH. If you use lowering springs you may not need a spacer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For clarification; the spacers sit inside the coil, just holding the air bags up a bit inside the spring. These are not spring perch spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts