Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I have had 2 different first Gens.

2000 and now a 1997 - both we not the best buys.. but thats another story.. I still love the design and how it drives.

SO.. I am looking at another now.. because my other car is failing and I want the CRV again. (this other car is not my 1997 crv)

I can find here in S. Ontario Canada Gen 1s in pretty good shape $2000 up private.

Gen2s about $3500 up ..

The interior and the weight and the shape of the 2nd Gen is not my fave.. but I have to have my rear door and lifting window.

So Gen3 is out..

IF I can find a gen 1 in good shape.. is there any specific feature or function of the Gen2 that would push me that way.. Fuel eco seems the same..

Bikerbob

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to the forums Biker1bob! I agree with the design of the first gens. This is my first 01 CR-V, if the engine goes, I'll just replace the B20 engine. Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hey B1b. Hope your checking www.AutoTrader.ca & www.AutoCatch.com

I really miss my 2000 CRV too. Loved the picnic table, the split rear glass door opening and the extra ground clearance that has lowered every generation. I had a subwoofer under that picnic table that just rocked the CRV, since the spare was on the outside.

Now you got me thinking.......:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
my gen1 is also about done, and I'm looking to get another one. I did some research on the gen 2, even though i just don't like the look of them or the changes, and while I'm sticking to my guns, I did see the the gen2 has even higher ratings and more awards, like car and driver of the year, and stuff.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Have had both a 1st and 2nd gen. I preferred the 1st gen. It got better mpg and just seemed more rugged.

Make a trip out of getting one. Look for one in the southern US that wont have any rust. It should last a good long while.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Hey B1b. Hope your checking www.AutoTrader.ca & www.AutoCatch.com

I really miss my 2000 CRV too. Loved the picnic table, the split rear glass door opening and the extra ground clearance that has lowered every generation. I had a subwoofer under that picnic table that just rocked the CRV, since the spare was on the outside.

Now you got me thinking.......:cool:

An article you may enjoy.

http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/every-honda-cr-v-used-to-come-with-a-picnic-table-in-back-256447

·
Registered
9 Posts
Problem we have here in Canada is the effects of salt and corrosion. I've been servicing my daughters 99 (which my wife bought new) and with 355 K Kms, it has had it's share of rust induced issues. I have seen a number of 2001 first Gens that seem to have escaped the rusties, but you really have to look hard for them.
Brake lines, fuel lines and the emissions evaporative issues have haunted me. Ours is a tank and probably would run forever if I had the time to keep up with the corrosion issues.
Check out North Toronto Auto Auction, a number go through there as dealer trades at a fairly reasonable cost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, I got a 2000 honda crv automatuc with 77kmiles on it, and i love the 1st gen! However, I want it repainted to stock silver, everything to the black trim to its old days. My question is, do you guys think its worth it? A guy in long island ny quoted me $1500. Sorry to bomb this thread.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts