Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a huge hope for a new Honda CR-V, but received an email and found bunch of crappy functions, but still not no blind spot monitoring. What is wrong with Honda? First they created that cancer looking bump on right side of the mirror. Then finally it looks like they will removed it but still no blind spot sensors. Next year is time to change my car. Looks like it will be a different crossover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)™
Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Blind Spot Information (BSI) (EX and above)1
http://hondanews.com/channels/cr-v/releases/2017-honda-cr-v-safety-driver-assistive-technology

All CR-Vs include a rearview camera. Advanced safety gear such as forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and blind-spot warning come with the EX trim. In addition, the EX, EX-L, and Touring will include adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams, lane-departure warning, and lane-keep assist. No current competitor matches this level of equipment.
http://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/2017-honda-cr-v-suv-preview/

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've seen the blind spot monitoring in a number of the review videos on YouTube. It's there (touring version anyway which was what was used in all the reviews).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had a huge hope for a new Honda CR-V, but received an email and found bunch of crappy functions, but still not no blind spot monitoring. What is wrong with Honda? First they created that cancer looking bump on right side of the mirror. Then finally it looks like they will removed it but still no blind spot sensors. Next year is time to change my car. Looks like it will be a different crossover.
Check the dealership on the 21st to actually verify what is on each model. I do agree the half-baked camera system was a bad idea, glad to see it deleted

·
Registered
579 Posts
What's this about the 21st? Every dealer I've driven by has some now. And they also have plenty 2016's. Never seen so many left overs. Bet there are sweet deals.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check the dealership on the 21st to actually verify what is on each model. I do agree the half-baked camera system was a bad idea, glad to see it deleted
The lane watch camera actually works pretty well in real world use. It is a big benefit not having to take your eyes as far off the road. Glancing to the center console is much quicker than glancing to the passenger side view and back.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
What's this about the 21st? Every dealer I've driven by has some now. And they also have plenty 2016's. Never seen so many left overs. Bet there are sweet deals.
i have blind spot monitoring on my touring... miss the camera.. but it works well.. flip on your blinker and it will beep with someone is in your blind spot

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife likes the blind spot indication that appears in the side mirrors on our 2017 CRV EX-L NAV. As I am following her driving our other Honda on this Ohio to Florida trip, I can see the indication appear on her mirror as cars pass to the right or left.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The lane watch camera actually works pretty well in real world use. It is a big benefit not having to take your eyes as far off the road. Glancing to the center console is much quicker than glancing to the passenger side view and back.

We have an 2015 Acura TLX with the blind spot monitor and a 2016 CR-V with the camera on the mirror and then the image on the display. My take is that the camera with the image display is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen. First of all you can catch the yellow light in your peripheral vision without taking your eyes off the road and you get a beep on the TLX, also it works on both the left and the right sides of the car with and without the use of the turn signal. So if you start drifting left on the interstate, the TLX will tell me, the CR-V will not. The camera idea, only works on the right side of the car, when you activate your signal light and you then have to take your eyes of the road for 1-3 seconds to see the display and process what is there. The blink spot system is far safer in my opinion. Once you use the blind spot system, I suspect you will also see the camera idea as being next to useless and possibly even dangerous. Just my 2¢....

·
Registered
265 Posts
We have an 2015 Acura TLX with the blind spot monitor and a 2016 CR-V with the camera on the mirror and then the image on the display. My take is that the camera with the image display is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen. First of all you can catch the yellow light in your peripheral vision without taking your eyes off the road and you get a beep on the TLX, also it works on both the left and the right sides of the car with and without the use of the turn signal. So if you start drifting left on the interstate, the TLX will tell me, the CR-V will not. The camera idea, only works on the right side of the car, when you activate your signal light and you then have to take your eyes of the road for 1-3 seconds to see the display and process what is there. The blink spot system is far safer in my opinion. Once you use the blind spot system, I suspect you will also see the camera idea as being next to useless and possibly even dangerous. Just my 2¢....
The camera can be activated independent of the turn signal. Having said that, to each his own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can confirm EX-L has all safety features to include blind spot. Mirrors are a nice size too. much better than my 13 accord

1 - 16 of 16 Posts