Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Apple CarPlay, but I really like it. However, one thing was annoying me. I would play some music or a podcast, and then would pause it before turning off the CR-V. Then, the next time I plugged in my iPhone and started the car, then the music/podcast would resume. Sometimes I would immediately pause it and not listen to it the whole trip, only to discover that the next time I connected the iPhone and started it up, it would begin playing again.

After some experimentation, I discovered the following solution. Prior to turning off the car, simply press the volume button. This pauses the music/podcast, but also somehow tells the car that you don't want to start playing again the next time the car starts. Then the next time the car starts, if you DO want to start playing the music/podcast, just press the volume button again, and it will resume.

I find this even easier than trying to navigate to the app and pausing from there.

Hope this tip helps others ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
What would be nice is if the button in the middle of the source/skip button on the left side of the steering wheel could simply toggle play/pause then playing music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found something that seems to work (today anyway). Change system settings. Go to All, Remember Last Screen and turn on. This seems to work for now. It would be interesting if others try it and see if it works for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts