Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Often when I am backing out of my driveway in the morning the car kinda vibrates a bit and I have the feeling that I backed over something. It almost feels like the brakes grabbing. Has anyone else had this issue? It works fine after that but I experience this too often to ignore.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,461 Posts
You don't mention your year, but many Hondas do an ABS test the first time you go more than 10 - 12 MPH.

What you feel is the ABS pump working (and 'touching' the brakes). No worries.

(Begs the question, HOW FAST do you back out of your driveway? LOL)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Often when I am backing out of my driveway in the morning the car kinda vibrates a bit and I have the feeling that I backed over something. It almost feels like the brakes grabbing. Has anyone else had this issue? It works fine after that but I experience this too often to ignore.
Yes, same thing with my 2018 EX-L. Every time I back out of the garage. Distressing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't mention your year, but many Hondas do an ABS test the first time you go more than 10 - 12 MPH.

What you feel is the ABS pump working (and 'touching' the brakes). No worries.

(Begs the question, HOW FAST do you back out of your driveway? LOL)
It is a 2016 and I am backing out very slowly.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,461 Posts
Thanks for the additional info.

Gonna be difficult to troubleshoot on a Forum, but perhaps it is a 'dry' sway bar link or loose bushing.

Sway bar links have been found to be loose from the factory, and bushings (such as the F or R sway bar mains) have been known the move when they should just twist.

Possible diagnostic method is to spray with silicone lube. Then if the noise goes away, you may have found the issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2016 often stalls before leaving the garage in reverse only.The dealer set the computer to record now waiting for cold weather for it to stall. Stimy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some brakes adjust them selves when applying brakes while backing. It will make a noise and a vibration. This is only on drum brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2007 Crv and I had that grinding noise in reverse backing out of my driveway, or parking, and it was the differential gear oil that had to be changed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There may be an issue with your rear differential.... has the diff. oil been changed recently?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 17 has same noise when backing out of garage. Only driver side front. Have taken it to two different dealers and both said it was normal shifting of the caliper. I don't think the caliper should be shifting and I don't like the noise but have gotten used to it after two and a half years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
KyBiker1963
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing