Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 CR-V with a broken door latch, driver's side front door. The interior of the door looks like it can't be removed without having the door off... Any advice on how to open the door? I currently have to climb through the car from the passenger's side, can operate the door locks and things... But I think a small plastic piece somewhere on either the opening hinge or the lock is broken. I can roll the window down, but I don't know how helpful that is.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,139 Posts
If operating both inner and outer handles and the inner door lock pull simultaneously doesn't help, then it's time to get serious about removing the panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So!

It's possible to remove the door card with the door closed. However, I was lucky as I already moved the upper right interior colored two piece pin, as that would have probably been destroyed in the process. I did damage a few light blue clips, but i bought replacements from Honda already.

I had a piece of plastic that was a part of the locking mechanism break. Honda doesn't sell those little bits for replacement, so I bought a complete door locking mechanism. For the sake of others who may be experiencing the same issue, note that a Japanese-made and a UK-made CR-V in the 2nd generation have completely different door lock mechanisms as well as completely different door lock actuators. Honda can help if you provide your VIN at the parts department.

While I was at it, the factory seemed to overtorque the M6x32 screws used to keep the door lock in place, so I just bought three new replacement screws as those were very inexpensive. Now it's all put back together and buttoned-up, and I no longer look like I'm stealing my own car when I enter it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.