Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to agree with this guy, but other Japanese car makers are also guilty.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
142 Posts

Outside of Alfa and Porsche it’s pretty tough to find a beautiful SUV.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
330 Posts
What a nutcase that guys is. People buys cars for their features, reliability, and comfort. Looks are the least important. In truth, a vehicle is just a machine... not a contestant in a beauty pageant...:rolleyes:
I remember reading that the majority of buyers spend the most time picking colour rather than features or reliability.

Thankfully that’s not me as I don’t care what colour it is as long as it’s red.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Be careful what you wish for, they could bring back the Pontiac Aztec look :oops:. Besides, have you seen the new Mitsubishi suv w/ the spoiler going across the middle of the rear glass?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts

What a clown show performance here, in my view.

The current generation CRV, including it's styling, has been on the market for almost 5 years now. Even he admits this in his blog-troll. So.. what rock has this guy been hiding under, before finally crawling out 5 years later to throw said rock at the CRV? :ROFLMAO:

His pet peeves appear to be based on opinion based keywords like "bland", "gross", and to paraphrase one "it still looks like a CRV" when he was giving his short history lesson on CRVs.

Apparently "gross" for this guy means:
"It doesn’t have big fins. It doesn’t have the driver’s seat ahead of the front wheels. There’s nothing strange about the CR-V, nothing unusual." This tells me the guy prefers a freak show in an SUV... so yeah... bring back the Pontiac Aztec... just for this guy. :p

And if Honda suddenly came out with a new generation CRV that looked in no way like the classic multi-generation lineage of Honda CRV.... I think a lot of buyers would look elsewhere and Honda's strong position in the market with the CRV would be eroded.

I do give the guy credit for noting that there is only one other compact SUV that outsells the CRV and it is even "uglier".. the RAV4. Note: the reason Toyota continues to outsell CRV with the RAV4 is because Toyota diverts large quantities into fleet sales, whereas Honda does not. If you compared sales, excluding fleet sales, the RAV4 is not such a market performer.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Is this meant to be a satire in literature ??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sure, Almost 400k people bought CRV'S because they are ugly. I find the car nice looking especially the re-fresh 20/21. I do find certain colors are better than others. Black with premium window tint looks sharp IMO
Agree about the black with tints, which is exactly what I have. But I have the pre-refresh bumper, which I like. (y) :)

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,679 Posts
Agree about the black with tints, which is exactly what I have. But I have the pre-refresh bumper, which I like. (y) :)
I am not crazy about the refreshed bumper, but it did come with LED fogs.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just remember what a departure this gen was from the previous when it came out in late '16. I remember being on the Honda lot for something else and parked next to one and asking what is that? Less than 3 mos. later I was driving one.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Agreed! My '20 Touring. I think it looks sharp. You know what they say about opinions, though.

Lovely colour.....had we had this in the UK, it would have been my first choice.

Reactions: wesleystripes

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
120 Posts
The only thing I thought was kind of plain looking was the rear end. There is no mistaking the read end of the CR-V with any other SUV out there however.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kind of an odd article by Jalopnik. It comes across as "hate-bait". I think web content aggregators have realized they can elicit lots of engagement (and hence, advertising revenue) by pumping out inflammatory trash that pisses people off.

My ex-girlfriend bought a Chevrolet Equinox a couple years ago, and I personally think that one is a sight for sore eyes. I like the jagged, angular designs, so I like the CR-V and also the Lexus RX-350. I also liked the previous generation RAV4; it looked better than the current one does, in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts