Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,679 Posts
can you tell me where you got the chrome trim inserts that are in the lower door panels ?
They are part of the Touring Trim from the factory.

They MAY be available for purchase in the after market.

Reactions: wesleystripes

·
Registered
2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD, 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
28 Posts
can you tell me where you got the chrome trim inserts that are in the lower door panels ?
They are available to buy but you have to buy the entire black trim piece also and it is expensive. You do get the front and rear bumper inserts at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Pity you werent on the site a year ago.....I had my door chrome removed/painted black! We could have traded!

(Although shipping may have been an issue!!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The CRV side view is ok; rear isn't too bad; but the front is just ugly. The "we'll scare you with a Samurai helmet look" fad is not a good one.

Many SUV makers (mostly European) have a nice clean look to them.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Many SUV makers (mostly European) have a nice clean look to them.
😱

Dare I ask which?

Most Euro-trashmobiles, notably VAG group, look about as bright as an eclipse.

·
Premium Member
CRV-Hybrid EX (actually, my ex is a Prius)
307 Posts
I rarely read articles that neither entertain. nor educate, and I am not sure how I ended up delving into this one.

To my eye, the Gen 5 CRV is a perfectly neutral, which means there is nothing remarkable - bad or good - in its appearance. Nothing jumps out at me - but, it's sufficiently distinctive from most angles. Nothing is exaggerated, over-decorated (apart from the front grill), or otherwise overcomplicated.

It kind of reminds me Volkswagen Golf and Tesla Model 3 in the terms "following a style, but not fashion". You can take this car as it is and put it into the 1990's, and it wouldn't look weird.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD, 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
28 Posts
My 2017’s front always reminds me of this

But samurai helmet also works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,679 Posts
I rarely read articles that neither entertain. nor educate, and I am not sure how I ended up delving into this one.

To my eye, the Gen 5 CRV is a perfectly neutral, which means there is nothing remarkable - bad or good - in its appearance. Nothing jumps out at me - but, it's sufficiently distinctive from most angles. Nothing is exaggerated, over-decorated (apart from the front grill), or otherwise overcomplicated.

It kind of reminds me Volkswagen Golf and Tesla Model 3 in the terms "following a style, but not fashion". You can take this car as it is and put it into the 1990's, and it wouldn't look weird.
Well, see now. That was entertaining! :)

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring
29 Posts
Sure, Almost 400k people bought CRV'S because they are ugly. I find the car nice looking especially the re-fresh 20/21. I do find certain colors are better than others. Black with premium window tint looks sharp IMO
Agree whole heartedly. I actually like the looks and being mine is black and just detailed, I can agree it looks quite sharp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently bought my CRV in Algein Blue, bad name, great color. I love the color and this one really stands out. Mine is a EX-L and I love it. Im getting 31.5 miles per gallon with city driving. It very comfortable and solid. Nothing looks cheap. I think Honda has been able to pull off a stylish look that is distinctive. No matter what year one is, you alway know its a Honda. I think the CRV is attractive for what it is, a tallish station wagon. In a sea of SUV that all look so similar, Honda has been able to keep the CRV looking like a Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally think the rear is a little ugly. Most of this kind of content is, if not algorithmically generated, algorithmically sourced. Content farms might see that a lot of searches are done for "CR-V ugly" and determine (algorithmically) that an article is in order to capture those search results. So really you should just pity the author. But who is searching that? My money is on Mazda fanboys.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Most SUV's on the road today all look the same. The only way to tell then apart is to look at the name plate.
Germans ones usually stick out.

Either broken down or on fire at the side of the road 😂

21 - 34 of 34 Posts