Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styling

4K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  TheDarkKnight 
#1 ·
I have to agree with this guy, but other Japanese car makers are also guilty.

#9 ·
What a clown show performance here, in my view.

The current generation CRV, including it's styling, has been on the market for almost 5 years now. Even he admits this in his blog-troll. So.. what rock has this guy been hiding under, before finally crawling out 5 years later to throw said rock at the CRV? :ROFLMAO:

His pet peeves appear to be based on opinion based keywords like "bland", "gross", and to paraphrase one "it still looks like a CRV" when he was giving his short history lesson on CRVs.

Apparently "gross" for this guy means:
"It doesn’t have big fins. It doesn’t have the driver’s seat ahead of the front wheels. There’s nothing strange about the CR-V, nothing unusual." This tells me the guy prefers a freak show in an SUV... so yeah... bring back the Pontiac Aztec... just for this guy. :p

And if Honda suddenly came out with a new generation CRV that looked in no way like the classic multi-generation lineage of Honda CRV.... I think a lot of buyers would look elsewhere and Honda's strong position in the market with the CRV would be eroded.

I do give the guy credit for noting that there is only one other compact SUV that outsells the CRV and it is even "uglier".. the RAV4. Note: the reason Toyota continues to outsell CRV with the RAV4 is because Toyota diverts large quantities into fleet sales, whereas Honda does not. If you compared sales, excluding fleet sales, the RAV4 is not such a market performer.

#19 ·
Kind of an odd article by Jalopnik. It comes across as "hate-bait". I think web content aggregators have realized they can elicit lots of engagement (and hence, advertising revenue) by pumping out inflammatory trash that pisses people off.

My ex-girlfriend bought a Chevrolet Equinox a couple years ago, and I personally think that one is a sight for sore eyes. I like the jagged, angular designs, so I like the CR-V and also the Lexus RX-350. I also liked the previous generation RAV4; it looked better than the current one does, in my opinion.

#27 ·
I rarely read articles that neither entertain. nor educate, and I am not sure how I ended up delving into this one.

To my eye, the Gen 5 CRV is a perfectly neutral, which means there is nothing remarkable - bad or good - in its appearance. Nothing jumps out at me - but, it's sufficiently distinctive from most angles. Nothing is exaggerated, over-decorated (apart from the front grill), or otherwise overcomplicated.

It kind of reminds me Volkswagen Golf and Tesla Model 3 in the terms "following a style, but not fashion". You can take this car as it is and put it into the 1990's, and it wouldn't look weird.

#29 ·
I rarely read articles that neither entertain. nor educate, and I am not sure how I ended up delving into this one.

To my eye, the Gen 5 CRV is a perfectly neutral, which means there is nothing remarkable - bad or good - in its appearance. Nothing jumps out at me - but, it's sufficiently distinctive from most angles. Nothing is exaggerated, over-decorated (apart from the front grill), or otherwise overcomplicated.

It kind of reminds me Volkswagen Golf and Tesla Model 3 in the terms "following a style, but not fashion". You can take this car as it is and put it into the 1990's, and it wouldn't look weird.
Well, see now. That was entertaining! :)

#31 ·
I recently bought my CRV in Algein Blue, bad name, great color. I love the color and this one really stands out. Mine is a EX-L and I love it. Im getting 31.5 miles per gallon with city driving. It very comfortable and solid. Nothing looks cheap. I think Honda has been able to pull off a stylish look that is distinctive. No matter what year one is, you alway know its a Honda. I think the CRV is attractive for what it is, a tallish station wagon. In a sea of SUV that all look so similar, Honda has been able to keep the CRV looking like a Honda.

#32 ·
I personally think the rear is a little ugly. Most of this kind of content is, if not algorithmically generated, algorithmically sourced. Content farms might see that a lot of searches are done for "CR-V ugly" and determine (algorithmically) that an article is in order to capture those search results. So really you should just pity the author. But who is searching that? My money is on Mazda fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.