Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the extended warranty for 7 years/130,000kms. Maintenance minder came up at 22,000kms or so for Sub-Item 9. I held off on it as I talked to an advisor and he mentioned as long as I have gotten done within 30,000kms. I now have 29,000kms. Has anyone gotten this maintenance done? Is it worth getting done or a money grab for them? Would it void my warranty? Thanks.

Factory Recommended Maintenance
Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
Service front and rear brakes
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox, and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect brake hoses and lines (Including ABS/VSA)
Inspect exhaust system
Inspect fuel lines and connections

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have the extended warranty for 7 years/130,000kms. Maintenance minder came up at 22,000kms or so for Sub-Item 9. I held off on it as I talked to an advisor and he mentioned as long as I have gotten done within 30,000kms. I now have 29,000kms. Has anyone gotten this maintenance done? Is it worth getting done or a money grab for them? Would it void my warranty? Thanks.

Factory Recommended Maintenance
Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
Service front and rear brakes
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox, and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect brake hoses and lines (Including ABS/VSA)
Inspect exhaust system
Inspect fuel lines and connections
A) It's a money grab
B) Get an estimate from them before doing it

I wouldn't spend more than $100 bucks on something like this. Only because I might give them money to service and lube the brakes.

Other than that it's barely a step up from a $12 inspection in Missouri.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A) It's a money grab
B) Get an estimate from them before doing it

I wouldn't spend more than $100 bucks on something like this. Only because I might give them money to service and lube the brakes.

Other than that it's barely a step up from a $12 inspection in Missouri.
$180 CAD for Sub-Item 9 …..from Vancouver Canada

$153 just to service front and rear brakes. And then actually I got an oil change & multi-point vehicle inspection done at 22,626 which includes the inspection on that Sub-Item 9 list done. So I could just get my brakes serviced.

I am no mechanic and unfortunately have no tools to do it myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is a cash grab. No way it's worth that. A private decent shop would charge half that or less.

Most of that is completely unnecessary.
$153 CAD just to service front and rear brakes. And then actually I got an oil change & multi-point vehicle inspection done at 22,626KMs which includes the inspection on that Sub-Item 9 list done. So I could just get my brakes serviced.

I am no mechanic and unfortunately have no tools to do it myself.

If I go to another shop, then the warranty shouldn't be voided as long as I got the receipt to show the work has been done?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
As long as you take it to a certified mechanic, warranty is no issue.

I'm not even sure what they are doing to "service the brakes". Maybe lubing the slide pins or something

·
Registered
404 Posts
what do they mean by "service front and rear brake"? sounds like looking at the brake pads if it needs replacement and so called cleaning. If it is, that is a total rip-off. anyone can just peek tru the wheel and estimate how far along your brake pads is... and a strong water hose will do the job of cleaning it (or a canister or 4 of brake cleaner spray.)

oh, on the other inspection stuff, they check those when ever you do your oil change. they just eyeball them and a little finger pocking....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
what do they mean by "service front and rear brake"? sounds like looking at the brake pads if it needs replacement and so called cleaning. If it is, that is a total rip-off. anyone can just peek tru the wheel and estimate how far along your brake pads is... and a strong water hose will do the job of cleaning it (or a canister or 4 of brake cleaner spray.)
Servicing the brakes could be lubing the slide pins and backing of pad, but I don't think they will even do that.

This service is barely a step up from a multi-point inspection.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Servicing the brakes could be lubing the slide pins and backing of pad, but I don't think they will even do that.

This service is barely a step up from a multi-point inspection.
All that stuff is like a $50 charge at one of my local mechanics. With my other vehicles when they needed thing like new brake pads and oil and brake fluid change he would do all of those included for no extra charge.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts