Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Not impressed by my 2015's audio system, kind of brassy and no bass. I am wondering if my EX has the wiring for the EX-L and Touring's subwoofer? Or is it a whole different head unit that doesn't have a sub-woof out? Any other options for improving the bass short of a complete tear-out? Too early for that...

Thanks
OB

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hi folks,

Not impressed by my 2015's audio system, kind of brassy and no bass. I am wondering if my EX has the wiring for the EX-L and Touring's subwoofer? Or is it a whole different head unit that doesn't have a sub-woof out? Any other options for improving the bass short of a complete tear-out? Too early for that...

Thanks
OB
Factory subwoofer will not help. Just tore the one out of my EX-L. The speaker is 3.5" diameter in a plastic box. If you do not have the factory sub under the passenger seat, then your head unit does not have the wiring and does not have the subwoofer level adjustment option anyway.

What is your budget, level of DIY confidence and how "stealth" do you want your sub?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I expected. Oh well can live with it for now. Too new and shiny to start tearing things apart. After the new car smell wears off I may change my mind... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts