Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I haven't got the amp or subwoofers yet, but I spent yesterday trying to set up my wires in my 2002 Honda CRV.

I finished doing all three of them, but now I'm having a hard time trying to find a good place to ground the ground wire. I've found other forums with this same problem, but it was a different model.

Anyway, any help would be nice!

Also, I'm new to this website, so if I posted in the wrong area I'm sorry. :D

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You need to drill a new hole in the body and put a groundign screw there. You did nopt mention where the amp was though, since the ground wire needs to be as short as possible.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Alright, check this out. Pull up the carpet in the back, and take it out. There is a bar with some holes cut in it at the edge of the front side carpet where you removed the back carpet (the part where it "hinges") This piece is raised off the body a little and a good spot to put the ground bolt because you can't drill through to the bottom of the car. Sand up the metal and you're good to go.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
See where the carpet sort of lips up on an edge here? and there are two black plastic things holding it down? Lift up the black plastic and the carpet, and you'll see a bar going across the frame raised off the main frame a bit, You can put a screw through there without drilling to the other side of the car on accident. Sand it up a bit, then drill your hole and you're good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts