Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I just put a sub from another car in my 2017 CRV EX, and it's doing the same thing. When I first start driving, the sub goes to full volume intermittently. It never did that in the other car, so I'm pretty sure the line out converter is picking up some noise.
Did you disconnect anc? This is widely recommended in this thread and others. ANC uses RPMs as one of its inputs, so my guess is that it is the engine load, not the fact you just started driving, that is the causative factor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ya disconnecting it from under the dash took 2 minutes. So far so good with the sub. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great! So, what sub is it and how does it sound with the improvements?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
It's a Massive12" with a 1000W renegade amp running it. I had it in a Hyundai Elantra before. With all the extra air space in the CRV I had to turn it down quite a bit, but it sounds great!

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have a JBL Basspro hub for the spare tire waiting to go in for spring. Now its cold so i stockpile my spring parts! Going to unplug the ANC as well

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ya disconnecting it from under the dash took 2 minutes. So far so good with the sub. Thanks for the help guys
I cant figure out how to disconnect the ANC. The post says to unplug the gray A5 but on my 17 Ex all I see behind the glove box is a black A6 box with a plug on the bottom and the side.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have almost one brand new FLI Trap 12” active sub left over from my Civic but there’s not a chance of it fitting between the stroller and groceries. I think I need to buy another car for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cant figure out how to disconnect the ANC. The post says to unplug the gray A5 but on my 17 Ex all I see behind the glove box is a black A6 box with a plug on the bottom and the side.
If you pull the bottom panel out from under the glove box, then look up and towards the passengers side door, you will see the grey A5 box.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts