Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I had a subwoofer that I installed in my civic and ripped it out once I sold it.
I'd like to install it into my new CRV 2019. But am worried the wire lengths may not be long enough? My CRV is in the shop right now so I can't make any measurements.

Anyone here have a general idea of what these distances might be on the CRV?

I'll be running the wires down the pilot side door trim at the bottom.

-from right behind the rear seat to the head unit = ??
-from right behind the rear seat to the battery = ??

I currently have lengths of around 19 feet to the head unit and 17.5 feet to the battery.

Another question would be where are people putting the ground for their amp in the back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am guessing you have your CRV back by now. How did you wind up running the line out from your head unit?

·
Registered
106 Posts
you need to run speaker wire from the FL and FR from either the deck or the front speakers. (easier with deck) Then disable the ANC module on the passenger side right foot panel. Either have an amp with speaker input or purchase a module to convert the signal to RCA.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, tied into the fr and fl behind the head unit, before my added 4 channel amp, and used a line out converter at my sub as I don't have line inputs

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, tied into the fr and fl behind the head unit, before my added 4 channel amp, and used a line out converter at my sub as I don't have line inputs
This must mean you don't have a touring? As I don't think you can tap into it anywhere easily except under center console where the amp is.

Just confirming and curious.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This must mean you don't have a touring? As I don't think you can tap into it anywhere easily except under center console where the amp is.

Just confirming and curious.

Correct. I have a ex model.
I'm not sure where you need to tap into on the touring. Id assume right at the head unit before any other amplification still though?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Correct. I have a ex model.
I'm not sure where you need to tap into on the touring. Id assume right at the head unit before any other amplification still though?
Touring sends a serial audio signal to the amp, which does it's dsp and audio mixing magic and converts to analog to send to the speakers. The amp connections are in the center console towards the bottom rear.

It's not a terrible location for intercepting a signal. You can't remove the amp from the system though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts