Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has suddenly lost data connection with the system. I have restarted, replaced the charging/data cable, but no luck. When I plug it in, there is no "loading" message and no Android Auto option on the dashboard, only Smartphone Connection. When I try that, it says make sure your phone cable is plugged into the USB socket with the smartphone icon on the lid. It is plugged into that socket. I thought maybe the USB socket was bad, but the phone is charging, so at least that is working.
any suggestions?
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, BuzzWinny! I eventually got it to work by deleting everything, re-installing Android Auto, and at some point it loaded as it normally should. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny. Mine is doing the same thing, but I think it's the cable. WIsh AA would ust run on BT. Oh well, beats a $2500 Nav option ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats funny is that you can download google maps onto your headunit and just use that
Then it's funny we use Android auto mostly for the navigation feature?

How do I into Google maps or Waze on the head?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
Whats funny is that you can download google maps onto your headunit and just use that
Let's be clear, and head unit hack that requires the installation of Google play services will only create problems and limitations. The AA version of maps is by far superior. It was over aggressive hacking such has this that caused people to irresponsibly brick the head unit and then take it to Honda under warranty. Honda had to issue a service news article alerting stores to look out for hacked head units when diagnosing problems with it

That said, there are some benefits associated with a simpler HondaHack installation without Google play services, and we have a whole thread associated with it.

Tldr, the solution to problems with Android auto connectivity is not hacking the head unit; it's solving the connectivity problem as it is intermittent and fairly rare since the software updates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let's be clear, and head unit hack that requires the installation of Google play services will only create problems and limitations. The AA version of maps is by far superior. It was over aggressive hacking such has this that caused people to irresponsibly brick the head unit and then take it to Honda under warranty. Honda had to issue a service news article alerting stores to look out for hacked head units when diagnosing problems with it

That said, there are some benefits associated with a simpler HondaHack installation without Google play services, and we have a whole thread associated with it.

Tldr, the solution to problems with Android auto connectivity is not hacking the head unit; it's solving the connectivity problem as it is intermittent and fairly rare since the software updates.
Who mentioned hacking? I did not imply a hack. But thanks

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
BuzzWinny
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing