Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've just bought a second-hand CRV 2001 and found the sunroof doesn't work well.

It opens well without any problem. It starts rattling when I press the close button. Can't even close it using the manual tool as it seems stripped / thread off. However, when I push hard on the ceiling (close to the manual switch) and press the close it'll somehow surprisingly close smoothly, and starts rattling when it reaches the end.

Anyone has similar experience?

I'm thinking to remove the roof lining to check out if there's anything I can do, it'll be another challenging task...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I've just bought a second-hand CRV 2001 and found the sunroof doesn't work well.

It opens well without any problem. It starts rattling when I press the close button. Can't even close it using the manual tool as it seems stripped / thread off. However, when I push hard on the ceiling (close to the manual switch) and press the close it'll somehow surprisingly close smoothly, and starts rattling when it reaches the end.

Anyone has similar experience?

I'm thinking to remove the roof lining to check out if there's anything I can do, it'll be another challenging task...
Wait...you have a sunroof on an '01? Do you live in the US? If you do, then that's definitely an aftermarket add-on, and you're probably hosed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts