Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a number of references to sun roof drains on this forum but no specific information on where these drains are actually located. I am referring to where the water drains out on the underside of the vehicle, not in the sun roof itself.

Can someone tell me EXACTLY where I might find the drains?

Many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have seen a number of references to sun roof drains on this forum but no specific information on where these drains are actually located. I am referring to where the water drains out on the underside of the vehicle, not in the sun roof itself.

Can someone tell me EXACTLY where I might find the drains?

Many thanks
addition - I have a 2010 CRV

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pour a little water in the sunroof trough and look under the car to see where it exits. Or feed a length of weed-whacker trim line down the drain tube and see where it comes out. Don't use a stiff wire as it could damage the plastic tube.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
There are four drains. The two front drains are easy find and to get to. Retract the sun roof and you see the drain holes at the front corners of the drain channel. The tubes run down the A pillars and down behind the plastic kick panels. They then pass thru the inner body and end up at the back of the front wheel wells. Pour a little water down the front drains and see where it pees on the ground. Where the tube passes thru the inner body is a prime location for a clog to occur because they use a 90 deg plastic elbow.
The rear drains are a whole different story. You can't easily get to those without pulling down some the headliner and side panels. The tubes run from the rear sunroof along the roof to the C pillars. They pass thru the inner body and down the rear wheel wells.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are four drains. The two front drains are easy find and to get to. Retract the sun roof and you see the drain holes at the front corners of the drain channel. The tubes run down the A pillars and down behind the plastic kick panels. They then pass thru the inner body and end up at the back of the front wheel wells. Pour a little water down the front drains and see where it pees on the ground. Where the tube passes thru the inner body is a prime location for a clog to occur because they use a 90 deg plastic elbow.
The rear drains are a whole different story. You can't easily get to those without pulling down some the headliner and side panels. The tubes run from the rear sunroof along the roof to the C pillars. They pass thru the inner body and down the rear wheel wells.
Thanks for the detail Traylaw ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts