Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my V 3 days ago. I was adoring it today when I noticed that the gasket around the sunroof(when open) is ripped. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going to have it replaced obviously, but I am concerned that replacing it is going to compromise the integrity of the seal, and possibly leak.

Your thoughts are appreciated

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Sun Roof Problems

Welcome to the forum. We had thread going about leaky sun / moon roofs earlier in the month. One member had a leak that was dripping on him and the dealer said it was normal, which caused a bit of a rukus here on the forum. I don't know of anyone reporting a torn gasket. The vehicle has a channel and drain tubes that collect and drain off a reasonable leak, so I would not worry excessively about it, just get it repaired. Hose the hell out of it when you go home and if it leaks take it back. Before taking it in, check the operation of the window and make sure there isn't anything mechanically wrong that may have ripped the gasket. Before going to the dealer try to figure out what is wrong so that you can get everything wrong with the roof fixed in one trip. Some of the tales that we are seeing about dealer service on this forum are disheartening. Well sorry to hear about your roof and we hope that you like the vehicle otherwise. Good luck and let us know how you make out with the roof.

Here is the previous thread:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122&highlight=moon+roof+leaks

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just picked up my V 3 days ago. I was adoring it today when I noticed that the gasket around the sunroof(when open) is ripped. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going to have it replaced obviously, but I am concerned that replacing it is going to compromise the integrity of the seal, and possibly leak.

Your thoughts are appreciated
Welcome to the forum!

Black Pearl nailed the leak issue. If it's a torn seal, just get it replaced. That's why the rubber seal is replaceable. The torn part is the integrity that is bad - a new one fixes it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts