Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to slide the driver's side sun visor so that it blocks the sun from the driver's side as far back as the door. I often need to hold my hand up to block the sun. You would need to slide it back into original place to fold up and lock.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in NZ and bought my CRV new in 2006, a late RD4, assembled in NZ. I recently experienced a problem with a sagging driver's side sun visor. I searched high and low for a solution and ended up trying a simple repair; installing 2 'bolts' near the hinge mounting end. As I couldn't find any clear guides how to repair it, I made a bit of a hash of it so ended-up buying a used one (NZ$98) which works fine. For those who want to try the cheap quick fix (which CAN work) attached are some photos of my old dissected visor.Which should help you to try it out. Apparently it's a common design defect on a number of Japanese cars; it appears that the metal spring plate that grips the visor to the mounting rod suffers fatigue and stops working - hence the sag. Naturally not obvious externally as all embedded in the visor and hence not easily maintainable! 004.jpg 004.jpg 006.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obviously you don't need to dissect the visor to do this repair. I've found a similar fix on YouTube for a Honda Civic that gives the principles of the fix - WARNING the fixings don't go in the same place on the CRV as on the Civic - see my photos for dimensions in mm. This site will not let me post the link so do a Youtube search for sun visor repair 2006 Honda Civic by David Sweeney.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts