Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my brand new 2022 CRV EX-L AWD I was disappointed to see damaged plastic in the sunroof lining (after sliding the sunroof fabric back). Anyone having this issue? I'm guessing it's heat damage or something? Please see pics explaining what I mean... Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
562 Posts
Could that just be normal wear and tear on a piece of plastic that rubs against something?
That's what I see?

Of course I never use mine. I think I may have opened it once or twice. I never even open the shade on mine. But- I'm an old phart...I try to stay OUT of the sun.

·
Registered
2022 CRV Touring
655 Posts
In my brand new 2022 CRV EX-L AWD I was disappointed to see damaged plastic in the sunroof lining (after sliding the sunroof fabric back). Anyone having this issue? I'm guessing it's heat damage or something? Please see pics explaining what I mean... Thanks!
This piece of plastic is there to stop the piece known as sunshade assembly ( i believe that is what it is called ) , that you call sunroof fabric, from sliding to far forward -- it operates as a door stop would. Those tiny scratches shown in the picture should have no disruptions to the proper operations of the sunroof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. Yes it does not cause any issues with actual function but just looks a bit ugly, was just surprised to see it on my brand new car. Maybe I’m being too touchy…

@fdthird
The damage I’m referring to is more clear in the second and third pics. It’s the vertical jagged lines in the plastic piece that is revealed when you pull the sunroof fabric (sunshade assembly) back to reveal the glass. I see you have the same car and same color as mine, do you have any such lines on the same plastic in your car? Appreciate all the replies!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could that just be normal wear and tear on a piece of plastic that rubs against something?
That's what I see?

Of course I never use mine. I think I may have opened it once or twice. I never even open the shade on mine. But- I'm an old phart...I try to stay OUT of the sun.
Maybe wear and tear, but the only time I’ve seen it in action is when the dealer demonstrated it before the buy haha. I don’t use it either… maybe wear and tear during testing or just heat stress from the extreme heat nowadays… idk. Or maybe they (Honda) don’t really care about it because it’s not even visible unless you look for it

·
Registered
678 Posts
Strange how that is chewed up. Unsure if it would bother me as that won’t affect the operation. My 2 year old sunroof does get used often and that piece is smooth. This is a panoramic sunroof so the mechanicals are different
Hood Wood Bumper Flooring Gas

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have a 19' and just checked mine there is some wear, but not as severe as op's....i will admit op is being a little anal here as you can't even see it unless you stick your head up there or are 7' tall (then you have other problems). i get it being a new vehicle but if this is all you can find i wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it...

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
10,029 Posts
Maybe wear and tear, but the only time I’ve seen it in action is when the dealer demonstrated it before the buy haha. I don’t use it either… maybe wear and tear during testing or just heat stress from the extreme heat nowadays… idk. Or maybe they (Honda) don’t really care about it because it’s not even visible unless you look for it
The part in question is essentially a rubber bumper for the sliding sun panel. As such, it is designed to flex and move when under contact with another surface (in this case the sliding sun panel). It's purpose is to act as a bumper and a stop point for the sliding sun shade... to avoid damage if you slam the shade closed by accident, and to prevent damage to the sun shade itself on it's front edge.

Consider this: normal friction based scratches on the plastic. Your vehicle riding down the road goes over all kinds of minor bumps and bounces, and that sliding screen in the closed position likely wiggles and vibrates it's edge to the rubber bumper.

Most owners probably never even notice it as it is a functional piece not a styling and finish piece. But if in doubt, sure.. visit your dealer (sooner rather than later) and get their appraisal of the marks. It's is probably normal, and if they confirm that, simply ask to see another CRV or two on their lot to confirm.

·
Super Moderator
2021 CRV EX-L
1,159 Posts
Just looked at mine, and I use it a lot, and I do not have those markings. But if i did, it wouldn't bother me enough to make a big deal over it. As others have said, point it out to the dealer and if they disagree ask to look at other CRVs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. I’ll definitely ask the dealer about it next time I go there. It’s 70 min from where I live so I’ll just ask about it the next time I need to go there, for some other issue/maintenance. I would feel stupid going all the way there just to ask about this :D

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Thanks for the input, guys. I’ll definitely ask the dealer about it next time I go there. It’s 70 min from where I live so I’ll just ask about it the next time I need to go there, for some other issue/maintenance. I would feel stupid going all the way there just to ask about this :D
When you do go, please come back and let us all know. how it went. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's what I see?

Same with me, never used it. My last 3 cars have had it but I never used it apart from testing once, never drove with it open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's what I see?

I’ve never looked at my 2020 but I wouldn’t even expect damage in mine so I know a 2022 shouldn’t be damaged or have wear and tear at this point.

Head to the dealer and have them address the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm. I actually stumbled on a YouTube 2022 CR-V review and when he was demonstrating the sunroof I saw the same scratches on that brand new one. Must be some weird thing with the new CR-Vs but I’ll double check the next time I go to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts