Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a used CR-V and wanted to get some exterior accessories installed...fog lights and running boards (I'm vertically challenged to I need some help getting in the car). I made an appointment with the local dealership for the install and took the car in on the scheduled date. Told them I needed the car by a certain time, since they asked. About an hour before the time needed, I called to check on my car. They told me is was still in the shop.

An hour and a half after the time needed, I called back. Service advisor said he was "just about to call me". Turns out there was a problem...they installed the accessories on someone elses CR-V. :eek: He explained that he didn't have time to talk to the technician to determine how it happened, but the fog lights were installed on another customers vehicle. WHAT??!!! They realized the mistake before the running boards were installed. Now I have to make another appointment to take my car in for the accessories.

I just wanted to run this by the forum and see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. I mean, I know a lot of the cars look alike, but I have a distinguishing license plate on the front of my V and a few stickers on the back windows. But really...shouldn't they double check before they perform service????

·
Registered
845 Posts
That's funny and sad at the same time.
I guess you're going to get sort of a used set of fogs.I'd ask for a oil change at least for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would ask for a price break. Tell him your gas does not come free, and neither does your time. His mistake, not yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the funny/sad analogy. The service advisor "said" they would be ordering new accessories again for my car, but I guess I will never know for sure. They agreed to give me a rental car, so I'll skip the oil change...but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
845 Posts
My dealer has loaners for certain repairs and accessory installs.So I'd still want more for the trouble but if you're dealer doesn't offer loaners,then the rental is ok with the discount detailing.
As far as the fog light parts...
I doubt very much that the dealer will give the owner of the fog light installed CR-V the fogs.It's a around $400 item installed.I know,my wife's CR-V has dealer installed fogs.Those fogs installed that CR-V and then in your CR-V won't be a problem if that's the case..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: Dropped off my car last night and got the rental...paid for by the dealer. Today I went back to pick up my car and it was successful. Fog lights and running boards installed correctly and car was BEAUTIFULLY detailed.
Only issue was they couldn't repair the one vent visor on backdriver's side window....one of the pieces of double-stick tape doesn't stick anymore. So I will be posting separately on here for advise on removing the previously installed window visors or removing/installing new ones.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,200 Posts
I have had similar situations at dealers...if they need to keep the car, they usually offer a Loaner. Glad everything worked out for you.

Most auto parts stores sell 3M VHB (Very High Bond) tape in various widths that would fix the vent-visor. The key (as with anything) is proper prep of the surface that it sticks to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts