Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1999 honda crv manual 5 speed in black which I have just received a voluntary recall letter for. Honda australia will give me $2950 + $400 if I give them the car, its incidentally the total I paid for car 14 months ago.
They say there is no airbags left to replace them and I take it there are no companies who produce them which have stepped up so it looks like I will sell it to them when it is convenient to do so. I am considering my next car to be a 2001+ crv if I can find something thats not too far odd the price and was thinking perhaps I could keep parts from this 1999 to use on a 2001 or later. I can potentially strip out everything from the car so long as it is still road legal/keeps the registration valid.
I was wondering if off the top of anyones head they would know what is good to keep/ what is compatible?

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you have an updated (aftermarket) audio system or components, you might want to keep those. Custom wheels? Maybe, depending on condition. Roof rack? Fog lights? Cargo floor picnic table? Maybe. Otherwise I'd say your biggest opportunity here is to shop carefully for the best upgrade you can afford by finding a replacement V that is in super-good condition. Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions
To my knowledge everything is stock. No cargo picnic table unfortunately, someone cut a replacement wood piece for that.
It does have roof racks, I think honda ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts