Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, what version of Sygic works with HH?

Tried installing the one in HH but no maps ever come up. I have the app installed within HH. Anyone else have issue with it

·
Registered
304 Posts
You will need to download map data into the HU. Depending on which version of HU you have, HU without factory navi might only have 1GB of free space. HU with factory navi have 2+GB of space or you can free it upto 6Gb when you remove factory navi map data.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded sygic and downloaded the canadian map within the app.

Mine doesnt have factory navigation. I installed Waze without issue, but I'd prefer offline maps

·
Registered
304 Posts
I haven't use sygic map for a while but back during '00 (Symbian os days) it require unlock codes for each maps you want to use; therefore you might need to look into that.
Since you are using HH, you can enable USB flash drive as system storage. You should be able to download offline maps into the USB flash drive and use waze as offline navi.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I tried Sygic when i first got my 18 CRV, but wasnt impressed with it.. It didnt seem to be designed for American use. The way the search was performed and the address formats just seemed off.
Waze is pretty solid, but its an old version, and there has been times where its failed me due to signal loss, and google maps runs too slow.

Wondering if Sygic got improved at all, and if its worth a 2nd look now, But my guess is we are probably stuck with an old version of that also since our units are running Android 4..

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just tried Here Wego maps , and its much better than Sygic, offline maps, and free.
Only problem is that its not totally integrated like Waze where you can control Volume and get turn directions on the cluster.
I emailed the Honda Hack developer to see if he can add this for Here WeGo.. but even without this it still works pretty good, and is a really good offline map solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts